Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Micro Scooters, any good alternatives?
  • franksinatra

I big a fan of the Min Micro and have realised that cheap kids scooters are a false econmy. Kiddie birthday coming up and she is ready to move up to a larger size, i.e. Maxi Micro. I love the scooters but, seriously, £92 8O???

Any good, cheaper, alternatives that I should be looking at?

hammerite
    Free Member

JD Bugg are about £75 I think, Jnr’s mates seem happy with theirs. He’s got a MGP Team which he loves, but he paid for it himself out of money he got for Christmas – £120.

The MGP is extremely well built, extremely well used and has taken all the abuse thrown at it.

mlucas666
    Free Member

MGPs are extremely well built but somewhat heavy compared to the likes of the smaller JD bugs. My son bought one with his birthday dosh last year and struggled for little while with the extra weight trying to do tricks etc.

My younger boy has a JD bug (Eco model I think) thats very light and well made. Cost less than 50 new.

How old is your daughter?

hammerite
    Free Member

Good point mlucas. Jnr is 11 and a big 11 at that so the other scooters were getting too small for him.

kayak23

Just sayin’ 🙂

JollyGreenGiant
    Free Member

Have you had a look on Skatehut?

franksinatra

Miss Sinatra will be 6

freddyg
    Free Member

Little MissG has one of these:

Young MasterG has one of these:

The first was about £60, the second about £20 (from Amazon I think).

There’s not a great deal in it. The Micro is slightly better finished and the Razor has withstood a right good thrashing.

Edit: MissG is 5.25 MasterG is 6.5.

mlucas666
    Free Member

As she is only 6 I would suggest either JD bug Eco (now about £30) or JD Bug original (about £45).

You’ll see millions of JD bugs at skate parks. They seem to be very popular with the younger riders.

Im quite impressed with my sons Eco model, nearly a year old with no signs of corrosion (a huge problem with supermarket cheap jobbies) and the folding mechanism is still smooth and easy to use (again unlike the cheapies).

freddyg
    Free Member

My sons cheapie is no worse than my daughters expensive-ie – no corrosion, still folds nicely and is in almost constant use – it was bought for him aged 3.5. Go figure. 😆

JIf
    Free Member

Another vote for a JD Bug Eco or Classic 4 for a 6 year old, you can get them for £25 at Toys R Us and they’re well put together.

tinsy
    Free Member

I would ditch the 3 wheelers at the point they are too big for the mini micro.

Get a stunt scooter that does not fold. Or as she is a little girl, just the normal Micro Scooter I think theyre under £60 for the pink one shown above.

If you stick with 3 wheels, the Micro is the best by far, & has a resale value so it works out the same in the end.

Shamless Plug.
    I have a nice LTD edition Mini Micro Scooter in the classifieds if anyone is looking.

bravohotel8er
    Free Member

Get a skateboard.

xiphon
    Free Member

Cougar

They’re getting more subtle, these spammy tossbags.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Micro Scooters, any good alternatives?

suicide?

I_Ache
    Free Member

My girls have the Mini Micro scooters and love them my eldest is growing out of hers and we will be going for the Maxi Micro. I think these scooters are great, the girls seem to be able to corner on them much faster than normal 3 wheelers.

According to my wife John Lewis often have them on offer. We are keeping an eye out for when they go down in price again so will pick one up for her 6th birthday.

jp-t853

tinsy – Member

I would ditch the 3 wheelers at the point they are too big for the mini micro.

I agree we did this recently when our daughter turned 6. She wizzes around much better on the two wheel version and as said they are under £60. When you sell it on Ebay when done it will work out cheaper than most in full life terms.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Micro Scooters, any good alternatives?’ is closed to new replies.