Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Methods of travel to Morzine
  • cabbage84
    Free Member

Hi all. Me and my brother are going to Morzine for a week in July and im trying to decide what is the cheapest way to get there. We are travelling from Newcastle. Initially I thought driving initially but with soaring fuel costs this is looking less attractive. Does anyone know if any coach companies go in the summer I know they do in winter as this may be a very good option

snaps
    Free Member

This is the only one I’m aware of, maybe others?
    http://www.bike-express.co.uk/

TexWade
    Free Member

I have no experience of going by coach but surely it’s going to take a long time to get there with stops along the way?For me the extra day off work it would require would make it cheaper to go by car and just pay the fuel. You may be able to lift share with some one off here – there will be lots heading to Morzine in July.

cabbage84
    Free Member

Never really thought about a lift share good idea

allthepies
    Free Member

Coach would be a frickin’ nightmare, don’t go there.

cabbage84
    Free Member

im the soul driver so considered it for the time it takes to drive otherwise going to have to stop off somewhere.

anto164
    Free Member

You could drive to the ferry stopping for a coffee, but the drive from calais to Morzine would probably see you dropping off at some point.

But i agree, driving will be possibly just as expensive as flying.

I did the mistake of booking a week with trailaddiction before checking the cost of travel 😀

Still, i can afford it for now..

cabbage84
    Free Member

Its a question of travelling time flying is better. for peace of mind about bike safety and taking spares driving is more beneficial thats why I thought coach would be an option but cant find any that go to morzine in summer. Untapped business potential there

Jeffus
    Free Member

I drove two years ago, its two days each way really, unless you can rotate drivers,then it would be OK plenty of stops to fuel up on coffee 😀
    plenty of CD’s and an MP3 player also helps, satnav took me all the way to morzine. I stayed with these guys http://www.morzine-mtb.com/ fantastic digs and they organised guides etc which helps find all the extra trails and the loop around Port de sole

moniex
    Free Member

I say Drive! We drive to champery (summer and winter) with the two uf us and 2 kids no problem. Ferry is only about £45-£85 ish depending on day/time. We are in Norwich and 3 hours to calais. Then a brake and the french toll roads are great (but boring). We drive without a overnight stay no problem, just have stops and swap drivers. Bout 16 ish hours in total i seem to remember…… We went with 5 uf us in winter and had 3 drivers which was fab, not really stopped, just keep rotating. We have done both night time and day time drives……

Toll roads do cost mone though, but not too bad. You can take LOTS of stuff in the car though :o)

Simone

BigEls
    Free Member

if anyone is looking for a good place to stay in Morzine which is bike friendly and 5 mins ride from town, check out Chalet Montana and you can book per night stays. Went there in the winter and summer.

http://www.prgski.com/

Brilliant for the money.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Methods of travel to Morzine’ is closed to new replies.