Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Metabief
  • timidwheeler

We are considering a couple of days at Metabief on our way down to the Alps. Anyone been? Is it any good?

kraken2345
    Free Member

I went maybe 5-6 years ago so don’t know how much of this will still be relevant. Went on a summer holiday to France and went a few times when the weather was cooler. The tracks were great, it was my first lift assisted dh and it was a blast.

There was loads of tracks but the 3 I remember being most popular were the blue more flowy track, the black extremely technical track and the one I spent the most time on, the freeride track. Like I say this was all a while ago but I imagine the tracks will all be similar. The shop was also good to rent armour from or a bike if you needed one.

timidwheeler

Cheers mate. Sounds hopeful.

jambalaya
    Free Member

They used a run a nice lookjng early season Enduro there – fresh trails cut into the woods. The lifts open really early (May I think). I always had it on my list for a cheeky early season trip but sadly it stayed on the wish list. Its a convenient stop-over when heading to Alps we’d always drive past on the way to Verbier. If not Metabief you can do a nice day above Monteux using the raikway and riding a couple if big descents from Roche des Naye

Few Metabief enduro vids from these people, not sure how you find these sort of tracks or if they are still there but I imagine there is lots of good stuff away from the bike park

[video]http://vimeo.com/21440765[/video]

timidwheeler

Again sounds good. Doesn’t seem to be a common destination.

slowoldman

I used to think Metabief was French Bovril, or something.

gorillainthepeak
    Free Member

Hi,

I’m looking at riding Metabief in August, can anyone recommend a bike hire shop that rents decent AM/Enduro bikes?

Cheers

Dark-Side

There used to be a World Cup there back in the day IIRC.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Metabief’ is closed to new replies.