Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Meta 5 – chain device and 12mm dropouts
  • Lifer
    Free Member

Beefing up the Meta a bit, never go out of middle chainring so gonna get rid of rings + front mech, anyone run MRP on their meta (worried about pivot getting in the way)?

Also thinking about going to 12mm or Maxle dropouts. Any experiences doing this? Lot of difference from standard QR? (would be getting the Sun Lawhill Rear hub)

iain1775
    Free Member

Maxle was the best upgrade I made to my Meta
    You will need a bottom bracket mounted chain device as no ISCG tabs on the 5
    Quite a few of my mates run chain devices so loads of threads on them over on http://www.commencalownersclub.com

gravity-slave
    Free Member

I’m right in the middle of doing this. Maxle dropouts arrived, Maxle in the post and 12mm hub on order. I hope it stiffens the back end up, reports are that it does but it’s hard to quantify.

The Maxle dropouts are considerably beefier than the 12mm bolt through versions supplied with the frame but I believe it’s a standard 12mm thread so if you don’t want the dropouts, you can get by with the standards.

There are a few options:

– Std 12mm bolt through dropouts, Maxle, M12 nut

– Std 12mm bolt through dropouts, 12mm bolt through (I do this on my 4X bike using a Superstar axle), stiff but requires tools to undo.

– Maxle dropouts, plain 12mm axle bolted into the threaded maxle dropout

– fully Maxled up

I’ll let you know how I get on, hopefully soon.

Lifer
    Free Member

I’ll probably go for the 12mm bolt through, front is 25mm bolt through (spesh E150) so carry tools for that anyway. Can get the bike in the car with the wheels on too so getting the back wheel in and out isn’t a big requirement.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Meta 5 – chain device and 12mm dropouts’ is closed to new replies.