Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Mega Avalanche
  • monotokpoint
    Free Member

Haven’t been before, so all new to me. Currently looking at accommodation and wondering if anyone knows how easy it is to get to and from Oz en Oisans to Alpe d’Huez for a few drinks/food in the evenings, or if its better to find somewhere in town?

steveh

You won’t get between the two after the lifts close without a very long road journey or walk. Better to stay in ADH, plenty of places available.

monotokpoint
    Free Member

Thanks Steve, thought that may be the case. Finding it tricky to get something a bit more ‘upmarket’ in town at the mo though (some non cyclist coming, so need some day time comforts). The search goes on!

steveh

Have you tried calling the ADH tourist information office? They’ll have a list of places for rent and will be able to guide you if you want something nicer. They’ll speak english too.

monotokpoint
    Free Member

Had quick look at the website, but I will give them a call tomorrow. I have been too focused on buying ‘essential’ new kit this past few days ;o)

leffeboy

There are places to eat in Oz en Oisans iirc and I don’t remember it being that far to drive to ADH or you could head up to Vaujany. It’s a nice wee place

steveh

To drive to ADH you have to drive down to the bottom of the valley, along and then up the famous hair pinned road, about 40 minutes IIRC. Unless they’ve built another road since i was last there!

leffeboy

You can drive through Sardonne instead and it’s an even nicer ride but maybe it doesn’t cut so much time out.

edit: just checked, it was Allemond that we stayed in which is close but not exactly the same

allmountainventure
    Free Member

Try this its on harpin 22, about 15 min from ADH.

monotokpoint
    Free Member

So cycling between the two prob isn’t an option and not a good place to stay for qualifying/race day either? Ooh I’m so confused!

bobbyspangles

staying in Oz is very relaxed, perfect for qualifying and not full of dh pyjama clad goons radding it up.
    it has all you might need-supermarket,bars,restaurants and lifts.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Mega Avalanche’ is closed to new replies.