Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Maxxis Minion DH f – used tubeless?
  • racing_ralph
    Free Member

anyone used one on stans rims or equivalent. do they burp easily?

nickegg
    Free Member

Not used on Stans but i've run one ghetto on a DT rims with no problems.

Didn't run stupidly low pressure though, did it for thorn punctures really. Ran it at 30psi if i remember correctly.

A great tyre in my opinion.

bedmaker

Used them on Stans rimstrips and on stans flow rims. All the maxxis dual plys work well on both ime. Pretty tight fit compared to most so burping has never been an issue.

neilforrow

run a minion on the front of my dh bike… never burped or had any problems with it.

slowrider
    Free Member

dual ply wont burp unless you run single figure psi, single ply 60a still fits well, hard to burp unless you are running somewhere below 25psi.

GW
    Free Member

I use a 3C (dual ply) DHF on the 823 on the front of my DH bike.. no probs with burping, but I run pretty high pressure (30psi). it's not a tubeless tyre but sealed fine with a little extra sealant, does lose some pressure over time tho.

years ago I constantly burped ghetto michelin comp 16s even at 30psi to the point of just not being able to use them.. kinda strange as the michelins are a DH dul ply casing tubeless specific tyre and a tighter fit than Maxxis.. s'pose it depends how hard you ride/corner and how heavy you are what you'll get away with tho

GW
    Free Member

slowrider –

Swayndo
    Free Member

I have a 2.35 60a Kevlar on the front of my FS on an EX721 rim with a Stan's Rhyno Lite rim strip and Solution and have had no problems. Really impressed.

mwleeds

Yes. On Flow rims with yellow tape only (couldn't get them on with a rim strip). Took a lot of wheel milk before they sealed properly (they'd be fine all day but deflate over night). But once they were sealed then I didn't have any problems. Never had them burp although I wasn't running much lower than 25psi.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Maxxis Minion DH f – used tubeless?’ is closed to new replies.