Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Maxxis EXO Casing
  • BIGMAN
    Free Member

I just wondered what people think of a Maxxis EXO casing? Is it pretty durable and good at shrugging off cuts?

My search for a durable race tyre seems never ending. The North Downs seems to have killed everything I have tried so far.

coogan
    Free Member

Always found them fine on my old HR2’s. Used them in the Alps twice and survived a Spain week last year puncture free on Spain’s rocky spiky thorned trails. Now running the tubeless version on my new bike and so far (touch wood) all good and no punctures.

AlexSimon

Yes, good.

stevied
    Free Member

All good here. Running all tyres in exo flavour without any probs

chrishc777
    Free Member

Got a 95% worn EXO ardent bought off the classifieds for a fiver, since has been round cwmcarn dowhill, all of afan, BPW black runs and loads of local hammering all on the rear. I weigh in at around 90kgs all kitted and am most definetly not a smooth rider. So far not a split, cut or tear. I think that’s pretty damn good. Lots of flint round here too, several X king protections and schwalbes have all died within a few weeks.

solamanda
    Free Member

I used to swear by dual plys but have found EXO plenty strong enough for riding for fast rocky uplift/dh riding abroad. Some of my friends have managed to hole them.

BIGMAN
    Free Member

That is just what I wanted to hear. Thank you.

Took a punt on some Ikon Exo TR. We shall see!

BadlyWiredDog

I think EXO’s ace on Ardents and Minion DHFs, but the Ikon version seems to be slightly thinner and less reassuring. I’m not sure that means it’s less robust and I have used a 2.35 Idon EXO in the Peak for a few weeks without destroying it, but I suspect it’s a relative thing.

Also, I don’t know which Ikon you went for, but I found the larger version a bit flexible in the sidewalls, so you have to run slightly higher pressures to keep it together.

kimbers

Yeah love it similar to sxhwalbe snakeskin time maybe a bit tougher

Good enough for most uk stuff only time its failed me is at the alps/ Megavalanche where its very fast and spiky and line choice is non existent where I’ve killed exos every time I’ve tried to get away with em

Don’t forget that on On ones tyres are also made by maxxis and have ekso 😉 casing

downhilldave

Have an Ardent Exo 2.4 on the front and an Ikon 2.35 on the rear. Both 650B, loving em. Better tubeless than my previous Hans Damph’s as they don’t loose air or bleed oily latex through the casing. Seem more robust too, but time will tell. Much more robust than Conti UST Rubber Queen’s on which I shredded the sidewalls.

BIGMAN
    Free Member

Well 300miles later and no cuts so the exo casing seems to hold up well to the north downs.

Thanks for all the input chaps.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Maxxis EXO Casing’ is closed to new replies.