Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Mavic shoe sizing
  • scotroutes

Looking at alternatives for new SPD shoes and there are a couple in the Mavic range that appeal. Anyone know if they are closer to Specialized or Shimano regarding sizing (I find I step up one size for Shimano).

Ta

kimbers

I found thaty my switchbacks were quite narrow so I had to go a size up

Ive just got some newer alpines and I found the sizing and fit better so went for my normal size

poly
    Free Member

In proper shoes I am an 8.5. I think Shimano I wear a 9. But I had to go up to a 10 for my mavics.

Houns

I can’t remember with mine and cba to get out of bed to go look. I *think* I sized up

scotroutes

Don’t go to any trouble houns.

Oh – you haven’t 🙁

Houns

Hang on, I’ll get off my sick bed

*coughs non stop all the way down stairs & gets out of breath*

scotroutes

I hope you took your phone with you. I’d hate for you to die on the way back upstairs ……. and leave me without an answer.

Houns

*gasps*

*hacks up thick green phlegm*

I went up half a size. Fine on length however, even though I don’t have wide feet next time I’d go for the wider option (so I can wear thicker socks when cold)

*gasps*

Houns

Oh that’s half a size bigger than my old Specialized shoes they replace

Houns

Oh that’s the thanks I get?! 😡

scotroutes

FFS – I’m trying to have my dinner!

(thanks all – looks like I’m up a size or so)

Candodavid
    Free Member

Started wearing some alpine xl on Sunday, really comfy, even against my well worn Sidi’s. Seem a little stiffer than the Sidi’s too
    Had to go up one full size, really pleased I went for them, going to switch to trail pedals for my week in Spain, the platform should give even more support.
    Comfy to walk in too

scotroutes

It’s the Alpine XLs I’m considering. I need something for hikey-bikey and the old Tahoes have about had it.

Candodavid
    Free Member

Looked at 5-10 etc, plumped for the mavic as the heel isn’t too wide so less chance of scuffing the frame.
    Did a little bit of walking too, rubber was supple enough to grip

mc2
    Free Member

Normal shoe size 8, 43 in Shimano and went for 8.5 in Mavic Alpine XL’s.
    HTH.

vorlich
    Free Member

I believe Mavic shoes are essentially Salomons, so if you happen to own a pair of their trail shoes, the fit will be similar. In other words, size up.

sq225917
    Free Member

I find Mavics narrower than Specialized, but without the annoying low heel cup of the Spec’s.

scotroutes

Aha. Salomon are all I wear for trail/hillwalking/general leisure

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Mavic shoe sizing’ is closed to new replies.