Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • mavic shoe sizing…
  • hungrymonkey
    Free Member

looking at the mavic alpine XL shoes, just wanted to check sizing before i go ahead.

currently get on well with specialized and bontrager mtb shoes and DHB road shoes. shimano touring shoes (MT30 iirc) were ok, but getting a little narrow in the toe box.

its the toe box i generally have issues with, and don’t really want super long shoes just so they are wide enough. how do mavics shape up?

off for a BBQ but will check back later – TIA!

Spud

I found the Mavic a good fit. Like trainers, but felt they were too soft around the toe area.

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

half a size over “normal trainer size” seems to work well

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Quite a narrow last, IIRC. Nice shoes, though!

trailmoggy
    Free Member

they seem narrow, probly as narrow as sidi

Crell
    Free Member

I tried on some of their road shoes last week. Agree on the “too soft” comment around the toes – but they do feel very comfy (unnaturally so) as a result. So unnatural was that feeling though it put me off them.

I’m a sidi 44. Best fit on the mavic was 43, shimano 45…
    Bought some Specialized shoes over the Mavics in the end, but a close call.

mc2
    Free Member

I bought a pair a few weeks ago and I’m really pleased with them.

They are quite narrow compared to say Shimano DX’s.

Size wise, I’m an 8 in normal shoes, a 9 in Shimano’s and I first got an 8 in the Mavic’s but had to send them back and went for an 8.5 which fits fine.

HTH.

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

thanks guys, sounding a little narrow perhaps 🙁

br
    Free Member

I bought a pair of their Switchbacks a couple of weeks ago, size 11 fitted well (I’m normally a size 9 1/2-10), but do have a narrow foot.

Bargain too.

http://www.evanscycles.com/products/mavic/switchback-mtb-shoe-ec018333?utm_source=froogle&utm_medium=froogle&utm_campaign=froogle

winterfold
    Free Member

I have Mavic roady shoes and they are like slippers for comfort but somehow still stiff as.

And they are very pimp.

Quite narrow though, I am a 9 in them but usually a 8 or even 7 in normal shoes.

If they are like any other euro bike clothing co this sizing adjustment will be consistent across their range.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘mavic shoe sizing…’ is closed to new replies.