• This topic has 20 replies, 15 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by benz.
Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Mavic Crossride disc – spoke for rear wheel – are they really this difficult?
  • benz
    Free Member

Mate broke spoke on his rear crossride disc.

None of our LBS’s seem to be able to get their mitts on spares.

Anyone any leads – or even got a few they may sell me?

foxyrider
    Free Member

My mate has some but it maybe for an old model – what year are the wheel as his are prob -07′

benz
    Free Member

If they are for the disc only rim and rear, black then worth a punt…appreciate you checking out with your mate.

Thanks!

Mister-P
    Free Member

Try Neil at George Halls 01858 465507. He knows his stuff on Mavic wheel spares.

trail_rat
    Free Member

yep they are a **** to get bits for …..

mavic self distribute now.

if they have stock they are sharp – if they are an old model and they have no stock – your mates staring down the barrel of new wheels …..

i hate mavic for this !

bigyinn
    Free Member

Is it a round or bladed spoke?

pinches
    Free Member

It’ll be bladed.

Mavic now stipulate you have to buy a spoke pack, not one spoke, so you end up with like 14 spokes as mavic suggest you “re-lace the whole side of the wheel” not just replace the broken spoke!

As above, they now self distribute and they’re a nightmare to deal with. I had 3 pairs of their shorts fail and my espoir jersey has just shrunk in the wash with the rest of my kit at 30deg on delicate!

foxyrider
    Free Member

benz – mail me and I’ll forward you email to him if you like? you need to measure them – they will be flat bladed and black and I think he has them for front and rear as he no longer uses the wheels as the rims are worn through 🙂

bigyinn
    Free Member

Try looking on this thread HERE once the forum is back working, as I think there is a place in Sheffield or Derby that I bought a couple of Mavic spokes from last year.

twohats
    Free Member

yep they are a **** to get bits for …..

mavic self distribute now.

if they have stock they are sharp – if they are an old model and they have no stock – your mates staring down the barrel of new wheels …..

i hate mavic for this !

Couldn’t agree more!

Discovered a crack in one of my Ksyrium SL rims last spring, Mavic were no help whatsoever. When I did track a rim down it was a later model and would mismatch the rims, the price of the new rim was also an expensive joke!
    Money was better spent on a new set of wheels.

russjp
    Free Member

I can post you a couple of spares bladed ones if your desperate.

steveh

He can of course also use any normal spoke of the right length if he’s not super fussy about how they look and to be honest 1 black spoke thats round not flat won’t be super obvious unless you’re really looking.

Kahurangi

I have a rear wheel that I cracked the hub and will break apart for spares (also have a front wheel complete). my email is in my profile or I will try and check back here!

247cycleshop
    Free Member

Hi Benz – 247cycleshop I stock a lot of Mavic spokes and hub spares. If you have a look at http://www.247cycleshop.com you will see a category for Mavic MTB wheel spares, otherwise email me at georgehallscycle AT aol DOT com, as Mister P said

you can also get me on 01858 465507

I hope this helps,
    Neil

russjp
    Free Member

He can of course also use any normal spoke of the right length if he’s not super fussy about how they look and to be honest 1 black spoke thats round not flat won’t be super obvious unless you’re really looking

Not if they are the same versions as mine, normal spokes wont fit as they need an oversize straight-pull spoke

westcoastmassive
    Free Member

this guy`s been advertising these on ebay for ages, i spotted it when i was looking for wheels a while back. so thats at least 4 good leads for where to get spokes, on this page alone. My deductions would be a)if youre stuck with something, ask on this extremely friendly forum and somebody will always help you out, and b)its not as hard as everybody thinks to get spares for crossrides. I dont feel so bad for buying a pair now 😆
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Mavic-Crossride-Rear-Black-Bladed-Spokes-/140496917236?pt=UK_sportsleisure_cycling_bikeparts_SR&hash=item20b644d2f4

druidh
    Free Member

Lots of LBSs will have some. Typically, we need to replace one, then end up buying a whole pack. That means there’s usually a few odd ones kicking around.

onandon
    Free Member

As previously mentioned, pedalon stock all model/year of Mavic spokes

247cycleshop
    Free Member

There are several Mavic Crossrides and all the spoke lengths are different.

Mavic change them every couple of years and you have the option of V’ brake only, disc hub with V rim, and disc only versions.

If it is the Black Disc specific wheels he has, here is a link to the exact spokes.

http://www.247cycleshop.com/shop/article_172/Crossride-Black-Disc-07-08-Wheel-Spoke.html?shop_param=cid%3D10%26aid%3D172%26

Otherwise check out the other options available on these pages here

http://www.247cycleshop.com/shop/catalog/browse?shop_param=shop_overview_pager%3D2%26cid%3D10%26

Yours
    Neil

benz
    Free Member

Thanks all – much appreciated.

Appears that one of our LBS’s did have some, so now sorted.

However Neil, given 3 of us have Crossrides I’d like to buy some spares – just in case – expect an email.

Again, thanks all!

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Mavic Crossride disc – spoke for rear wheel – are they really this difficult?’ is closed to new replies.