Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Maverick sc32
  • stonemonkey
    Free Member

Whats this fork like , dont know much about maverick, anybody got one ????

sheldona
    Free Member

Fantastic fork, really easy to look after, service etc and you can tune it perfectly for you.

nixon_fiend
    Free Member

Nice and light, very low "height" for a 5" fork (bike handles as though a 4") .. very sensitive to bumps.

buuuuut .. if you're over 10st it's gonna twist and snake about like mad … I managed to get one to throw me off a whyte E5 going round a tight switchback at speed !

sheldona
    Free Member

buuuuut .. if you're over 10st it's gonna twist and snake about like mad … I managed to get one to throw me off a whyte E5 going round a tight switchback at speed !

I'm over 14stone and never had any issues like this. Also got the DUC's on another bike with no issues either.

Trimix
    Free Member

Easy to service, robust, lightweight.

stonemonkey
    Free Member

Im thinking of getting it to run 650b wheel with , (theres always one isnt there) im prob 14 stone in riding gear and its going on a hardtail . With them being upside down is the main weight of the fork at the top im looking at the 08 model thats on sale.

sheldona
    Free Member

I run mine with a 650B wheel. You'll have to tweek the travel to stop the wheel topping out on the crown. The fork is well balenced, the top is no heavier than the bottoms. The internals run all the way through the fork.

stonemonkey
    Free Member

Just realised its not so cheap as they need a new 24mm front hub

MisterT

I have a spare maverick front hub if your interested.

love the forks… bought 2 pairs.

stonemonkey
    Free Member

How much Mr T?

Dibbs
    Free Member

love the forks… bought 2 pairs.

I love em too, I've got them on 4 bikes 😐

MisterT

managed to get my 2nd pair forks + hub for £150 from fleebay…. absolute bargain. John Whyte was selling off his 'new old stock' afgter he retired from working with ATB Sales.

MisterT

nixon_fiend – I know people refer to them as 5" in the space of 4" but I simply don't understand where they get that from… from research I did I found the axle to crown height for Sc32's just a couple of mm less than for a Rockshox 120 or Fox 120 fork.

axle to crown measurements

muffin_the_mule
    Free Member

As a hub alternative, i run a proII with the hope adapter. I think it was only £25 (the adapter that is). May be a cost effective solution if you already have proII. Equally i don't see why it wouldn't work with any other 20mm bolt through.

ps- 13st and no worries.

MisterT

stonemonkey – it's a black, brand new, unused 32 hole hub. if you are serious, make me a sensible offer.

muffin_the_mule
    Free Member

MisterT, i've found the same when looking into axle/crown stuff. It'll be the usual, one reviewer wrote something in error that has become gospel over time.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Maverick sc32’ is closed to new replies.