Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Massive OS price drop!
  • UrbanHiker
    Free Member

Looks like OS have given us all an early xmas present. Their digital prices have been slashed. Quo maps, whole UK 1:25,000 down from £2.5K to £250. And special price of £150 till end of November. Sounds like some of the other digital map suppliers following suit. Great news 🙂

footflaps

It’s pretty outrageous we have to pay for them at all. As tax payers, we paid for the mapping itself, so charging us for the end results is a bit steep. In the USA, all data sets collected using tax payers money are made available free of charge.

NB The complete OS set is also available free of charge of you know where to look…..

zokes
    Free Member

It’s pretty outrageous we have to pay for them at all. As tax payers, we paid for the mapping itself, so charging us for the end results is a bit steep. In the USA, all data sets collected using tax payers money are made available free of charge.

Given the ability of most governments to not provide enough funds for things like the OS, and that OS maps are probably amongst the best in the world, I have no problem with ensuring they have enough money to do their job properly by paying for, rather than stealing their work.

Mugboo

Can I use Quo maps on my iPhone? Memory Map want £250.

UrbanHiker
    Free Member

Mugboo, no idea if quo works on iphone. Probably not, its not the greatest. But I’m assuming the price drop will ripple through to all platforms fairly soon.

Mugboo

I got an email from MM today to tell me about the price drop. £300 or £250 for anybody who has already purchased Explorer mapping.

TheDoctor
    Free Member

NB The complete OS set is also available free of charge of you know where to look…..

so where is that then??

jambalaya
    Free Member

You can get large scale maps free in apps like outside

jambalaya
    Free Member

I don’t need 1:25000 maps for the whole of the uk so £250 is a lot of money for maps I don’t need.

flatfish
    Free Member

OS are self funded so your taxes go nowhere near them.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Massive OS price drop!’ is closed to new replies.