Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Maps for A Garmin Edge 705
  • shooterman

I’ve been offered a second hand Edge 705 from a guy in the US. How expensive are the UK & Ireland maps?

STATO
    Free Member

I use open source UK maps, they are free and almost as good as the paid for versions. Since i dont really use mine for mapping often, and when i do ive generally researched the rough route on google, i didnt see the point in paying £70 for the UK maps.

uplink
    Free Member

The 705 only does the Topo maps anyway so there’s not much point paying for them IMO

fbk
    Free Member

As above, the “OpenStreetMap” based free maps are pretty good – there are various one available online including some walking/cycling based ones with trail-centre/well know tracks on.

Talkytoaster is a good site to start.

firestarter
    Free Member

I have the euro street mapping which is very good for road routes and topo for mtb which is less useful

shooterman

Thanks to all. Re-assessing the cost/benefit of buying one of these. I ride on my own mainly and wanted one to “keep me right” when exploring possible new trails.

uplink
    Free Member

Have a look at something like the Dakota 20
    OS map compatible with plenty of free map options

Janesy
    Free Member

I use the maps for this site:

http://talkytoaster.info/ukmaps.htm

They have contours and enough detial to find your way. Also I use ‘Map Source’ to plan routes, courses etc.

Very good peice of kit.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Maps for A Garmin Edge 705’ is closed to new replies.