Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Manchester Vic or Picadilly for pub crawl to Hudds?
  • hora
    Free Member

Thinking fast train to Hudds this afternoon. Few pints in Hudds then back via which pubs/stops to Victoria.

Ideas?

marsdenman
    Free Member

Express trains only run from Picc.

To crawl your way back you need the train to Victoria. one an hour, half past the hour from Hudds

Hudds – Have you tried The Sportsman. Keep left as you come out of the station, turn left at the corner of what was The George Hotel. 200mtrs along the road, pass under railway bridge, cross the road, Sportsmans is on the corner
    Slaithwaite – 1st stop on route back to The Smoke – out of station, straight down the hill to the Commercial.
    Marsden (be on your best behaviour, my spies will be out 😉 ) – again, straight down the hill (pass The Railway, unless you want really cheap) and head to The Riverhead.
    After that i’d only bother with Stalybridge – cracking little bar on the station.

alanl
    Free Member

You have seen this site? :

http://www.realaletrail.net/

headfirst
    Free Member

+1 for Sportsman’s, proper ale pub. Head of steam at the station is good for a pint too.

Garry_Lager

All stops would be the traditional itinerary. Depends on your capacity, though, as a train an hour leads to a lot of ale. Esp if you round things off in the Marble Arch.

wobbliscott
    Free Member

The real ale trail is brilliant. It’s becoming an annual thing for me. The West Riding does a great fry up with a free local ale for a hearty brekkie.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Manchester Vic or Picadilly for pub crawl to Hudds?’ is closed to new replies.