Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • man trapped between platform and train,people push train to free him.
  • racefaceec90

pretty amazing and the man was unharmed afterwards. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-28674322

teasel
    Free Member

Humans, together – strong!

DezB
    Free Member

Duh! Mind the gap!

Jamie
    Free Member

While I commend their actions, what if they had let go before he was released, then the full weight of the train would have rocked back on his leg.

mudshark
    Free Member

Never underestimate the determination of a delayed commuter.

jon1973
    Free Member

While I commend their actions, what if they had let go before he was released, then the full weight of the train would have rocked back on his leg.

This occurred to me as well. Also, there must have been a huge for on the glass everyone was pushing on – lucky that didn’t shatter, ending up with dozens of people with cut wrists and man with a crushed leg.

Does sort of restore your faith in humanity though.

teasel
    Free Member

In the report I saw earlier they claimed it took two attempts so it must have rocked slightly for that to happen. I reckon the crowd were prepared and dampened the movement. Either that or it happened that way through sheer numbers. I dunno…

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

So what you gonna do? Leave him there?
    No. You’re not.
    And that many people don’t just ‘let go’ do they?
    🙄

Jamie
    Free Member

So what you gonna do? Leave him there?

Yes, Peter. I am going to leave him there.

imnotverygood

Did nobody think to just pull him up? 😀

DezB
    Free Member

Did nobody think to just pull him up?

I was thinking more “put him down”. For being such a moron.

Yes, Peter. I am going to leave him there.
    😆

globalti
    Free Member

Exactly! The leg went in so it should come out. Why was he incapable of pulling his leg free? Was he drunk or just a useless lardarse?

paladin

Was impressed with this one on the same page 😀

girl stuck in drain

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Danny Mcaskill was cycling past and the commuter lost concentration as a hoard (yes, I said HOARD) of Bunny girls chased him with Benny Hill music playing and Jim Davidson saying “Chalky!” or something.

DezB
    Free Member

Was impressed with this one on the same page

girl stuck in drain

If we all lean… and pussshhhhh!

LoCo
    Free Member

When we lived in London, this happened to my wife, slipped getting out one leg between carriage and platform, other leg bent unerneath her.
    The person behind her said ‘oh dear’ and promptly stepped over her head followed by the entire carriage full unitl one of the last people stopped and helped her out. 👿

neilco
    Free Member

That happened two stations north of where I live. Cool story. Actually doesn’t surprise me that much. Aussies have a can do attitude and a sense of helping out others, put those two together and this makes a lot of sense.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

“she’ll be right mate”

So you live near Ikea?

maxtorque

er, people do realise that all they had to do was rock the carriage on it’s springs a bit to one side, and not actually lift the entire train up yeah??

Jamie
    Free Member

Where has anyone suggested the train had to be lifted up?

Not that I care, as I would have just left him down there.

Slippy shoes, you lose! Sucker!

MarkBrewer
    Free Member

Lucky it didn’t happen in this country. If it did some idiot in a hi viz jacket would have appeared and told them to stand back until a full health & safety risk assessment had been completed. Either that or all the passengers would have stood around either filming it or posting on facebook about how disgusted they were nobody was doing anything 😆

Pook

Can you lot listen to the bloke talking about what actually happened before dishing out your worldly advice?

Jamie
    Free Member

No, Pook. No we can’t.

andyl
    Free Member

meanwhile kids gets head stuck in balcony: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-19289256

😀

CountZero

Pook – Member
    Can you lot listen to the bloke talking about what actually happened before dishing out your worldly advice?

Where’s the fun in that? 🙄

Sandwich

Are you new here?

neilco
    Free Member

@aphex… Leederville.

haroldfinch
    Free Member

That’s at the station where I get the train and there’s a video doing the rounds on facebook that shows him getting stuck.

It looks like a ‘perfect storm’ type combination of angle and weight on the foot to get the leg stuck.

I bet he’s feeling embarrassed today though! 😕

shifter
    Free Member

After the risk assessment the Fire Brigade arrives and cuts the roof off the train, because they can.

globalti
    Free Member

MarkBrewer is right – here in the UK they’d have called the fire brigade then made a major fuss about it, closing down the entire network and then carting the bloke away in an air ambulance just for good measure.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘man trapped between platform and train,people push train to free him.’ is closed to new replies.