Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Majorca MTB – Tramuntana
  • nsbikescore1
    Free Member

Anyone got any experiences of Tramuntana Tours? They seem to get mixed reviews on trip advisor.

jambalaya
    Free Member

STWer @julians has done it – came up a few days ago

here

dalesjoe
    Free Member

Been twice now and hired bikes from them both times. Bikes were spot on & very well maintained. Asked for some routes and they were very helpful. The only thing I would say is it was hadly “service with a smile”. Extremely efficient & good but not exactly friendly until they got to know you after a few days.

nsbikescore1
    Free Member

Yes, I’ve been reading some not so good reviews regarding customer service

jkomo

I used
    http://www.tramuntbike.com/
    From a recommendation from an STWer.
    It seems to be a one man set up, Toni will pick you up, supply the bikes (Canyon Spectral: ace) and guide.
    In my case it was way out of season, so just me and his mate, we had a great time. Will go back, will book him again.

Important edit:
    Julians recommended Toni at Tramuntbike to me he didn’t use Tramunt tours.

dalesjoe
    Free Member

Don’t get me wrong, the bikes supplied, price etc were second to none. Just clearly needed a “people person” to front the business as the customer service was bordering on quite rude at first. Mind you that may have changed as last time I was there was 2 yrs back.

julians
    Free Member

Yep,I haven’t used tramuntana tours, I just used toni at http://www.tramuntbike.com.

Can’t comment on tramuntana tours.

nsbikescore1
    Free Member

What was the riding like Julians? Technicality wise?

tomd
    Free Member

We used them to hire mtb’s for a week a couple of years ago. Bikes (Trek full sussers) were a bit well used / worn but maintained to a good standard. Price was reasonable, as above the service wasn’t exactly happy clappy stuff but efficient.

I can’t comment on their guided rides. We used the Alpin Maps and printed guide we bought from Tramuntana and found most of the decent stuff. My general observation was that there was easy stuff and hard stuff (steep / loose). Not much in the middle difficulty wise.

julians
    Free Member

What was the riding like Julians? Technicality wise?

We did “La Travessa”, which is a 3 day ride from the southern most point of the tramuntana range in andratx to Pollenca in the north, It was about 30 miles a day of riding and the climbing ranged from 4000 feet to 7000 feet per day. Staying in hotels in Banyalbufar and soller along the way.

Technicality wise, it ranged from easy gravel tracks to pretty steep and rocky , there were a few points I was off and walking. On the whole though I would say it was of medium technicality. it was an experience , just riding the length of the mountains. The views were pretty spectacular.

It was (for me anyway) a hard 3 days riding, because of the amount of vertical footage that was climbed.

Chatting to Toni he said he could arrange any kind of riding you wanted, from road rides to relatively easy flat off road rides along the coast, to uplifted by van downhill trails stuff. He can hire you a road bike or mountain bike and leave you to ride on your own, or can provide guiding for whatever you need.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Majorca MTB – Tramuntana’ is closed to new replies.