Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Magura Vyron remote dropper seatpost
  • jes
    Free Member

So………. anyone have the Magura Vyron remote dropper seatpost yet?

Putting the finishing touches to a new build and this caught my attention.
    Cable free due to remote control so easy to swop between bikes, down sides are slight lag in operation and having to charge the battery every 1-2 months.
    Most reviews I have found are from sample versions back in August 2015, but it would be nice to get some real world rider feedback.

Thanks guys

bigbloke
    Free Member

Interested in this too.

bennyboy1
    Free Member

3-4 guys in our club have these on order, none yet recieved though. The first chap to get his order in early (back in November) is still waiting for his so possibly don’t expect to get hold of one in a hurry as stock is still non existant and the pre orders will get theirs first.

jes
    Free Member

Thanks bennyboy, may explain the lack of rider reviews:-?

Trimix
    Free Member

Mine has been on order since Nov. Due next week.

(But that has been the answer from the distributor since Xmas)

Some have tuned up, but not in my size.

jes
    Free Member

Thats not good Trimix

andyl
    Free Member

there is a guy with a Bird Aeris who has one. Do a google search of STW and you should find it.

jes
    Free Member

Thanks Andy

mattbee

Hargroves Cycles had one for sale at the QECP Cyclefest. Was slightly tempted but want to see more user feedback first.
    I have learned my lesson buying a Thomson.

johnw1984
    Free Member

Hiya,

Yep, got on on my Aeris. Only had a few rides on it so far, but it’s been great!

Ordered from Rose and it arrived in less than a week, they seemed to have stock and were the cheapest around.

Feels slightly different to use than a conventional dropper, but once you get used to it, it just feels solid.

There’s maybe about 0.5 second delay from pressing the button, but I don’t really notice anymore.

You need to get the remote position just right for your thumb though. It could have done with a bigger button, but I’ve not found it a major inconvenience.

Oh and a lot of people assume they have a 5 year warranty. Magura confirmed to me that it is actually 2 years.

peteimpreza

Maguras back up in the UK is not great . I would be checking warranty repair service and parts availability before buying anything from them .

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Magura Vyron remote dropper seatpost’ is closed to new replies.