Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Mac ride kid seats.
  • cobrakai

I’ve read the closed thread and looks like there was some issues with these seats. They still seem to be for sale so have they sorted the problem?

My little one would love this as I think she hates staring at my fat arse from the back seat!

bruk

Have an old one and one of the new ones, great to use but long delay means I’ve probably got another 6 months or so with it. Much better than the Wee-ride but they do need to be able to hold on to the bars and have a bit of balance.

Would def recommend

bbb
    Free Member

Yes – would recommend here too. Had an original one then it was replaced foc for the latest version and it is wonderful.

Quality, build and ease of use are top notch.

u02sgb
    Free Member

What was the difference, old to new?

bruk

The old ones had an issue with the attachments of the leg supports and it was advised to stop using them. I have to admit to carrying on and never had an issue. The new were replacements that came a bit later with amended attachments.

jam-bo

I was one of the early Kickstarter supporters. When I eventually got it, it worked really well and my son loved it. Then they recalled them. I bailed out and took the refund they offered rather than wait another 12 months for a replacement.

sweaman2
    Free Member

+1 to all of the above really. They were super optimistic in their initial delivery schedule. A friend cracked one of the legs through design / manufacturing defect on the first run.

The version 2 is a bit more robust with a few improvements and they seem to have sorted out their supply chain.

Sweajnr loves his and it’s a great way to get out as a family. I’ve got it fitted to fat bike as the slightly wider cranks means a less bow legged pedaling style required.

cobrakai

Got to say thanks guys.

First ride out today with the Mac ride and the little one screamed with laughter the whole way!

She loves it!

Much better that I can talk to her as we go along!

bruk

Great to hear. Was out at the weekend with my boys and the youngest loves it but won’t fit it for much longer sadly.

ctk
    Free Member

bruk – Member

Great to hear. Was out at the weekend with my boys and the youngest loves it but won’t fit it for much longer sadly.

Yep here too, my 5 y/o is getting too big for the LOCT seat. If you have a 3 or 4 year old kid just get one!

tenacious_doug
    Free Member

Are you all using your Mac Ride as your main kids seat or just for MTB. Trying to decide if this could replace my bobike for the nursery run too, or just MTB.

cobrakai

I am now.

The reason I got it was the rear seat wouldn’t fit my full suss so on holiday I had to take my old boring hard tail. Once the little one was in bed I didn’t fancy going out on it.

Now when I go away I just need to take the full suss and I can have a play when the little ones in asleep.

It just simplified everything for me so it’s the only seat I’ll be using now. The good thing is I can take her balance bike strapped to my dakine on my back so she can get off for a play on her own. Couldn’t do that with the rear seat.

bikeytom
    Free Member

I’ve been looking for a replacement for the weeride seat my son and I have been using for a year or so now, just ordered one of these and can’t wait to get back on the trails with my boy!

ceept

What is the max weight limit on these? I fancy one, but I’m not sure how long our (big) 3 year old could use it for.

sweaman2
    Free Member

I think max weight is 50lbs? But not sure. Sweajnr is a lanky 3.75 (110cm tall). I don’t think weight is going to be the limiting factor but running out of space to comfortably pedal etc. Already on the downs have to concentrate to avoid hitting my chin on his helmet. (I’m 5ft11).

If your bike is suitably long and low maybe less of an issue.

ceept

Thanks Sweaman2.
    She turned 3 in November, but is already 107cm tall & 18kg, so I think its probably too late to be a worthwhile investment.
    I think a trail gator would get more use as she’s very excited at having pedals & brakes at the moment.

tenacious_doug
    Free Member

Anyone using these on drop bars? My commuter I use to take the kids to nursery is a drop bar and would prefer to run the same seat on both that and my MTB.

sweaman2
    Free Member

Can’t see an issue with the drop bars from a fitting perspective. Kids would have to hold the tops and you’d be on the hoods just to get space though. It’s really fast to take on / off. In my case came with 2 adapters and have swapped between us mid-ride.

swisstony82
    Free Member

Going to be a bit cheeky here, but is anyone selling a Mac ride? Have a 3 year old who loves his balance bike but gets tired so really keen to have this as back up so I can get out too!

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Mac ride kid seats.’ is closed to new replies.