Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Mabie today, snow has all but gone
  • Trekster

DSCN2080

Flickr defeats me again

munkyboy
    Free Member

er – it looks well icey – is there plenty of grip – did you do the full route? is the car park open?

thinking about it for tomorrow

defaultslipper
    Free Member

I’m gonna start charging for this service soon John!
    Here you go:

Going by how the snow has disappeared on the other side of Dumfries there will be nothing left by tomorrow.

simonralli2
    Free Member

Hey John – did you guys make it over to New Abbey or did you just stick to Mabie?

BTW – last week I cleaned the big step in ice! 🙂 Kind of lost it on the next little drop mind.

Trekster

Cheers Andrew, had a few goes but nothing worked. Shall drop by the shop sometime for a training session 🙄

munkyboy – Member
    er – it looks well icey – is there plenty of grip – did you do the full route? is the car park open?

That is probably the worst bit on the whole route and there was/is plenty of grip, running Maxxis Advantage tyres.
    Did full route
    Think car park is open, never noticed it, parked elsewhere.
    Temp was up to 9deg when I got back to car, hence flouro top having been removed and shoved in camelback, too many layers=overheating body.

Simon, ended up on my own, scotabroad had to stay home with his daughter who is unwell.

simonralli2
    Free Member

That’s a shame. Just as well I stayed, I still feel rough and would not have made 25%. In the end I had to take both my Mum and Dad to the doctor’s.

Trekster

oh dear. Have you got a date for departure yet?

Trekster

Here`s one with nae sna. Taken just after the Burn Splash

Just made it onto the bike before the camera fired 😉

simonralli2
    Free Member

20th of December! But am back in March for a few weeks before leaving properly 🙂

Trekster

If we do not manage a ride or we don`t meet beforehand good luck and enjoy.

defaultslipper
    Free Member

Cheers Andrew, had a few goes but nothing worked. Shall drop by the shop sometime for a training session

No longer working in the shop- winter has finally pushed me out. Have hopefully got something sorted from January onwards staying in Dumfries but waiting on Disclosure and references before I definitely have the job. Have also changed my email so the old shop one is no longer active. I will send out my new one to you in case you want company on any other adventures.

I’d be surprised if there was any snow left on the trails today, it must be near 10 degrees here today.

munkyboy
    Free Member

snow and ice completely gone today, trails nice and dry (ish for this time of year)

scotabroad

My little angel bounced back to full health as soon as school was in! Sorry to have missed it, it would have been to finish off the week with Mabie after the Ae and Dalbeattie classic rides this week :).

Up in Dundee this weekend and there is still piles of snow up here, they have had a real dump of snow!

Trekster

Had the whole forest to myself apart from a guy walking his dog. Started with a couple of coffees and finished with a bacon, cheese and chilli Hoggie and coffees, yum 😆
    It was good but Ae & Dalbeattie were 2 of many highlights of the year.

Reckon Wednesday will be next day oot with Andy Ecc.
    Shift day oot on Fri.
    Grandson Sat & Sun, might take him out to Ae on his ickle Islabike 🙂
    Maybe Monday. Think a visit to Drum is needed?
    Busy Thurs & Fri.
    Think next Mon may be free 😀

munkyboy
    Free Member

snow was seriously back today – nice and grippy though

pretty damn cold as well -3 all day and windy, one of the burn crossings was frozen over and any moisture from the burn splash froze instantly on my frame. good fun though

Trekster

Yup. 2.13am and it is snowing again, bit warmer than it has been during daylight hrs tho. Should be nice out today(Sat)

scotabroad

It looks very christmasy (sp?) out of the window this morning in Dumfries, no doubt it will be reported as a national crisis but its a few inches at themoment with light snow. Looks like it will be decent riding when the sun comes out 🙂 I see the 7 day forecast is double digit minus numbers for next week, brrr.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Mabie today, snow has all but gone’ is closed to new replies.