Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Lyrick 2 step not returning to full travel?
  • sherry
    Free Member

I have just had my first outing with my brand new 09 Lyrik 2 steps forks. All was going well until I noticed that the fork was not returning to full travel after having it in the 115mm setting. Its very slow to return and is about 20mm sort of full travel. It feels like there is negative pressure in the fork although it only has a positive pressure chamber. Anyone experienced this and or know how to fix it?

menace
    Free Member

Sounds familiar. I thought this was supposed to be fixed ! Do a google search or one on here and you will find a lot of people have had the same issue.

My 07 Lyriks did this 3 times and eventually got replaced under warranty with some 08 ones which have been ok so far although they haven't had the same use as the first set. I don't know what causes it – one time it was a washer that broke inside. Either way, for me, it was back to LBS to get them to send them back as not an easy fix unfortuantly. This is why you often see these forks 'on sale' as reliability has not been their strongest point

menace
    Free Member

see re 'reliability problems' (!!)

null

alpin
    Free Member

if they're new it may be worth pumping them up to 180psi to make sure the neg air chamber is open. the air feeds from the pos chamber into the negative. the manual suggests doing this before use.

it could also be the cold temperature.

my 2-steps work but are slow to return after flicking the 2-step switch when the air is cold. the cold can affect the performance of all air forks as the air condenses but can be overcome by adding more air (so that the spring rate is the same when in warmer conditions). the fork works fine when running at 160 or 115 and there is no delay in the rebound – only when going from 115mm to 160mm with the 2-step.

my lyriks (08 2-step) started fine but after two months wouldn't fully drop to 115mm and ended up refusing to move from 160mm.

sent them back to Fisher, had them fixed and they've been dandy ever since.

sherry
    Free Member

Cheers for the info! I only used them for around an hour and a half today from spanking new at GT and it was very very light use as the weathers still a bit pants. There still slow to return from the 2 step in the house (warm temp) but the fork action feels OK, still not getting full travel though. I will look through the manual and see what it says about the 180PSI thing, didn't know nothing about it. If I need to send them away for warranty I will be pretty disappointed to say the least.

sherry
    Free Member

Well after just short of 2 weeks I have just received my forks back from warranty and they couldn't be fixed. so they upgraded them to the new 2010 Lyrik 2 steps! So credit where its due to fisher for sorting me out relatively quickly and upgrading them and just in time for my 2 weeks off work!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Lyrick 2 step not returning to full travel?’ is closed to new replies.