Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Lump on leg after crash. What is it?
  • Garry_Lager

Had a fiasco of a crash a few weeks back. Going uphill at Innerleithen on the big bike, I missed a pedal stroke and put me foot down on the side of the trail. Slipped, fell down the bank, twatted my leg on a rock, and the bike then fell on my head. I'm talking gemini top tube square over the noggin – was seeing stars, felt like Wile Coyote.

Anyhow, this was about a month back and I've still got a lump on my leg below the knee (from the rock) that feels hard and sore(ish) to the touch. Most of my shin turned purple immediately after, but this has all cleared up now – still a bit sore at the base of my leg. What could this lump be do ye think? Worth a visit to the doc?

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Haematoma? Bash it hard with a bible.

No, seriously!

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Warble fly lavae.

Seriously – is the lump on the bone and bony? Maybe chip / contusion on the bone. Takes a while to heal

If the lump is in the muscle then perhaps a heamatoma which if its this old might need to be drained

If its bugging you take it to the GP.

HTTP404
    Free Member

a bursa?

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

A burka?

Garry_Lager

Thks – feels like it's on the very top of the shinbone. It's OK really but I've not had one before so was wondering what it could be.

alexxx
    Free Member

if its just under the knee cap on the top of the shin bone welcome to the club both my knees are like that after 2 very hard crashes, they are with you forever boyo

sonik
    Free Member

its probably just a bit of swelling from the impact. i wouldn't worry about it mate.
    i've got a bleeding condition [von willibrands] which results in my shins always being severely bruised and bumped after the slightest knock. a fist sized rock flicked up from my front wheel the other week and smacked me on the upper shin. still marked and swollen a touch now.

Del

it's a Leg Egg, obviously. 🙄

grtdkad
    Free Member

Yup, I have a matching pair too. I was told that a bleed had 'calcified' (?) In effect creating new bone….nice!

scraprider
    Free Member

pics???

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Lump on leg after crash. What is it?’ is closed to new replies.