Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Lumi Nimh battery questions?
  • Speshpaul

Firstly which way round do Lumi chargers work, + on the inside of the plug or the outside. (i should know really but i can remember)

Alternatives now that Lumi aren't doing replacement Nimh batteries, what are people using?
    I've got a email in to Smudge to see what he has got and i've got some 12v lead acid batteries that will see me out of trouble, but what else is out there.
    Cheers
    Paul

snaps
    Free Member

Is it for halogen lamps?

Speshpaul

Yes sorry for halogen

stevemorg2

Lumi packs are wired centre negative

I don't think you'll get anything better than what Smudge will sort out

Speshpaul

I know i've got one of batteries already, i just need him to get back to me………SMUDGE can you here us:-)

Ratty
    Free Member

I'm using one of these on my Halogens. 14.4v so overvolts a bit more (bulbs still giving decent life) 3700mAh against Lumi's 4000mAh but still gives enough runtime for the average nightride.

Will need to solder a new connector (Maplin) or reycle from a dead Lumi.

I made a simple bag to give extra protection & proofing, but only use in my camelback anyway. Can still frame mount with velcro or zippies, but it is quite long ; )

oh, and it charges fine with the original Lumi NiMH fast charger.

andyeez
    Free Member

I am using one of these these on my LED system but have used the same on my halogens as Ratty above. All you need is a universal charger. I am by no means any expert but it worked fine for me.

wwaswas

I've got a Smudge 14.8 Li-ion battery and charger – bought a while ago but still seems to be ok. Comes with a bottle and is sort shrink wrapped – used it with a headmount and it lived in my camelback

£30 posted?

I don't think it has 'lumicycle' connectors on it (I used it with a cateye system) but swapping them over shoudn't be too difficult?

email me if you'reinterested – lukeDOTburstowAThotmailDOTcoDOTuk

smudge
    Free Member

Hi Paul,
    YGM 8)

Sorry been mega busy

Speshpaul

Cheers Smudge
    Sorted

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Lumi Nimh battery questions?’ is closed to new replies.