Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Luggage recommendations
  • hughjayteens
    Free Member

Off to portugal with the wife and kids in a couple of weeks and think it’s about time we buy some decent luggage. I’ve got a small and large Dakine wheelie bag I use for snowboarding, but now both kids get a luggage allowance I think it makes sense to get some long lasting luggage. Not overly huge and lightweight ideally – any recommendations?

Thanks

hughjayteens
    Free Member

Anyone? Maybe a bit too OT!!

alfabus
    Free Member

last time i was in the hated tk-maxx, they had a load of suitcases.

might be worth a trip.

Dave

mrsgrips
    Free Member

I rather like Swiss brand and Antler, the latter of which you can often get cheap on their website or in their outlet stores.

TKMaxx is a great place to look to see a lot of different brands all at once and be able to compare and contrast make quality.

You might consider looking at bags which have a hard backing and 1 or 2 hard sides, but are, for all intents and purposes, ‘duffle bags’ in design as they tend to be quite lightweight and you can pack a lot of items in them.

trail_rat
    Free Member

eagle creek bags

http://www.eaglecreek.com/bags_luggage/duffels/No-Matter-What-Duffel-XLarge-20301/

i have there XL no matter what model- been through the grinding mill a few times to many shite holes – good quality zips , durable construction and hasnt let me down yet. – been to africa many times , all down auz on and off busses and planes, to the states a few times – was great for packing my gear into for going to NZ and was light/small enough that i could keep it with me while riding.

free repair if i do bust it.

light

packs up to **** all

fack suitcases and wheely rollers – tis just extra weight ! – sold as a transit case for rucksacks , fits a large backpacking rucksack inside and a 30 litre pannier.

just need to grow muscles to lift it 😀

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Luggage recommendations’ is closed to new replies.