Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Louis Theroux – My Scientology Film
  • bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Looks like it’s going to be good….

With the screening-at-Tribeca documentary My Scientology Movie, British documentarian and TV personality Louis Theroux fulfils a longheld dream by making a film about the titular organization.

Preview clip and full story here: http://www.ew.com/article/2016/04/06/tribeca-louis-theroux-scientology

BoardinBob

Massive Louis fan and I’m very excited about this. His approach is so good at getting people to reveal more than they intended.

Some good insight into his methods on the Joe Rogan podcast

(about 9 minutes of ads at the start you can skip past)

PrinceJohn

Very interested to see this. Clearly a labour of love for him and interesting reading about the church’s reaction to it.

Strangely they don’t come out of it well.

mattyfez

Looking forward to it, his doc on scientology a few years back was great

mt
    Free Member

we’ll that’ll not make it to main stream telly. Shame.

mrlebowski
    Free Member

It’s hysterical….

I find their sense of entitlement & the “I’m right & you’re wrong” & “there is no discussion to be had” attitude so at odds with the concept of what an all encompassing & loving religion should be about.

So definitely on that back foot if you have to that aggressive from the start.

Louis is ace.

globalti
    Free Member

If the rest of the film is as good as that clip it’ll be worth watching.

allthepies
    Free Member

Really ?

I’m oot.

myti
    Free Member

When/where is it on?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Also a big fan of Louis’ so I’ll watch it at some stage, no doubt.

I’m just wondering, with investigative documentary makers’ obsession with Scientology, there have been lots of pretty good pieces on it already. Just wondering if we can get anything new? Yes, they have some pretty weird beliefs and their methods of controlling their members are even weirder. Yes, they’re utterly paranoid and they’ll track you, try and tie you up with legal, call the police on you, hack your emails, etc etc. We’ve seen all this before.

So will LT bring anything new or will we just be watching it for his style of documentary making?

mrlebowski
    Free Member

So will LT bring anything new or will we just be watching it for his style of documentary making?

Good point well made. One can only hope there is something new to say – I for one couldn’t care less for paranoid americans (& paranoia in general) & giving them air time…..well, the less I say the better!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Louis Theroux – My Scientology Film’ is closed to new replies.