Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 110 total)
  • Lost weight on a hybrid iDave plan, happy:)
  • yoshimi

Good morning, I started on the iDave plan a while ago, but missed carbs too much so basically done the iDave but with cereal and milk plus fresh orage for breakfast.

Clothes have been feeling looser and feeling less bloated. I’d avoided weighing myself but gave in last nighht…….lost 10.2 kilos in just under 8 months.

I’m very happy, thanks iDave, that’ll be all 😀

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

I gave up lorry driving and achieved the same.

Feels Good doesn’t it.

yoshimi

THe losing weight bit is good but what better is not feeling as bloated or cumbersome..inspired to carry on now:)

Stoner
    Free Member

*sheepishly raises hand*

Started iDying just over a week ago and doing pretty well. Lost 600g ish so far, but I guess it takes a few weeks to get the body used to the new fuel arrangements.

Have to confess I am SERIOUSLY missing carbs.

And I still have a bit of milk in my coffee and no diet is going to stop me drinking bitter. Since Im “househusband” ATM I can take the time to prepare interesting veggie dishes, salads or roasted veg and then mix and match and reheat as necessary at dinner time to go with a meat/protein source.

Would like to find a cereal flour alternative (we make our own bread normally and I miss it, especially with boiled eggs). Eating a lot more eggs than normal – 3 for breakfast most mornings.

I still have qus about the diet, but damned if Im going to trawl through the epic iDied thread to find them. Will plough on regardless as it seems to work and Mrs S is enjoying going wheat/dairy free.

iDave
    Free Member

Hmm, it’s not a carb free diet though – add lentils to scrambled eggs, make broad bean and parsnip mash etc.

Go for Flax bread stoner, or gram flour flat breads and email me if you have any questions.

http://lowcarbdiets.about.com/od/breads/r/flaxbasicfoc.htm

yoshimi – if you could bin the cereal and OJ, you’d probably be doubling the rate of fat loss. You could have them once a week……. I find that breakfast is the biggest factor. Good work though.

Stoner
    Free Member

cheers. Heading into town in a bit, will pop into the hippy shop for some funky flours then.

Only real outstanding qus is in reference to your line “insulin response”.

Is the objective to change the way the body responds to fast carbs when they arrive on the one-day-a-week eat-what-you-like? What does the “one-day-a-week eat-what-you-like” do?

And why no dairy? is it something to do with lactalase production, carb management, fat or something else?

Oh and why no beer? 🙁

iDave
    Free Member

the one day a week counteracts a tendency to reduce calorie intake, which could slow metabolism and also make the body store fat due to what it thinks are ‘famine’ conditions

it also helps if you’re having cravings, you know you only have x days until you can indulge

dairy is low GI, but paradoxically stimulates insulin release.

if you’re riding a lot, i’d say you should be having simple carbs during and after a 2+ hour ride and this is also an OK time to reach for a pint of milk.

you have a wine cellar. get over the beer thing. or just lose weight less rapidly.

Stoner
    Free Member

or just lose weight less rapidly.

phew, a get out clause 😉

a tendency to reduce calorie intake

yep, the missus is giving a me a bit of a hard time about this, she gets the calculator* out and tells me how much more veg and meat I need to eat to compensate for not gorging on spuds and pasta.

“simple carbs” = torq powder or a spaghetti bolognese?

* marathon running health nazi

philconsequence
    Free Member

could you not use the torq powder instead of grated cheese on the spag bol?

iDave
    Free Member

As you’re being house maid, once a week get a couple of bags of assorted beans, soak overnight, boil for an hour, and chuck decent portions in freezerbags – instant carbs to be added to whatever is on the menu – fried, mashed, made into patties, and so on. Also very cheap.

Simple carbs after riding can be sugary, sweets, torq – pasta etc also permitted.

scruff
    Free Member

Im over that quinona stuff.

Stoner
    Free Member

knockout. cheers for the tips.

miketually
    Free Member

“simple carbs” = torq powder or a spaghetti bolognese?

As I understand it, simple carbs means sugar. So, fruit, Haribo, jam, etc. On iDiet, it might also include pasta? There’s an iRule about so many grams per hour of exercise, I believe.

Stoner
    Free Member

Haribo

full of win.

kevin1911

I done the proper iDave diet for a couple of weeks and definitely lost weight and felt WAY less bloated. I just got sick of eggs for breaky, and really don’t like bacon that much. I’ve always liked my cereal in the mornings. Makes me feel refreshed whereas any sort of eggs and/or bacon made me feel greasy and yucky.

Any other breaky suggestions that aren’t cereal, eggs or bacon?

Stoner
    Free Member

I like to hard boil a few eggs, peel the shells and nom them with some pepper. Feels drier and less fatty.
    Cant be doing poached eggs without toast.
    Otherwise I just have scrambled eggs and spinach. or spinach omelette.

simon_g

Our standard breakfast is eggs with gram flour pancakes. We make them with onion, spinach and often some black beans or whatever else is handy. Make up big batches of the batter, then freeze in smaller pots so we have a week’s or two of it ready, then just get one out the night before.

This is the nearest I found with a quick google: http://funnfud.blogspot.com/2008/04/gluten-free-spinach-onion-dosa-pancake.html – my mrs is of indian descent so uses her mum’s recipe. I’m never sure of proportions but the ingredients looks very similar.

I don’t really like eggs that much just by themselves, but using that as the “bread” is awesome. Easy to make up a few extras to take to work too.

Stoner
    Free Member

fantastic, cheers for the recipe simon.

hrcmonty
    Free Member

Why is everyone Dieting and cutting out Carbs. We need Carbs, but just in moderation so we can function, and belive it or not loose weight.

So the people who cut out carbs yes may loose weight, but it will Yo Yo back on when you start to introduce Carbs again.

I use Herbalife, and it is by far the best out there.
    I won’t write too much, but i really really urge anyone to try it over any ‘DIET’. I went through nutritionforwellness.co.uk

And the best thing is, you get a Free wellness check and your own personal Coach, who helps you with everything.

iDave
    Free Member

Why is everyone Dieting and cutting out Carbs.

Everyone isn’t dieting and everyone isn’t cutting out carbs – the iDave diet isn’t a low or no carb diet.

You use herbalife? And you then comment on healthy nutrition? Any program that replaces food with expensive mixes is a con aimed at the weak minded and gullible. Are you planning to stay on it forever?

hrcmonty
    Free Member

Oh PS, forgot, they also have a superb Sports range, which can be incorporated into the Weight loss. So even if loosing weight isn’t on the cards.

Fantastic Sports stuff, i use it alot and it gets me happily through 30mile XC rides.

miketually
    Free Member

Why is everyone Dieting and cutting out Carbs. We need Carbs, but just in moderation so we can function, and belive it or not loose weight.

The iDiet’s not low or no carbs, it’s just different carbs.

Had a quick look at the Herbalife website. Have to say, it looks like quackery to me.

bigrich

Why is everyone Dieting and cutting out Carbs

I ate a tin of mixed beans today, and hummus.

carb-tastic!

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

iDave – I’m guessing he’s selling something…

Does the 4 hour body tell me about the extra special voodoo plan?

hrcmonty
    Free Member

It’s not replacing food with expensive mixes atall, It’s replacing food with a scientifically balanced Micro + Macro nutrition.

It is 100% Natural, no additives.

hrcmonty
    Free Member

Ok Ok i’ve miss read the threads, people arn’t cutting out Carbs. I’m sorry. Please don’t cyber beat me up!

Still Herbalife has done me extremely proud, so i’m simply sharing an alternate way with people!

miketually
    Free Member

We’re not iDieting (the sausage, chips, mushy peas and can of Pepsi I had for my tea last night probably breaks all of Dave’s rules), but my wife’s Slimming Worlding and so we’re eating non-cereal breakfasts at the moment.

Smoked salmon with sliced tomatoes sprinkled with chopped spring onions and topped with a poached/fried/boiled egg is her current staple while I like ham, egg and baked beans.

miketually
    Free Member

It’s not replacing food with expensive mixes atall, It’s replacing food with a scientifically balanced Micro + Macro nutrition.

It is 100% Natural, no additives.

It’s replacing food with ‘nutrition’. I like to eat food.

iDave
    Free Member

Which is expensive. It’s utter bullshit and you should be embarrassed about it, unless you’re in their network selling scheme, in which case you should be mortified. Total con.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

with expensive mixes

So they’re cheap??

I’d rather eat…

ton

i tried to do the diet Dave promotes last year, it did work, i lost 2 stone.
    however through ill health i put the weight and some more back on.
    i am going in for another procedure in a month or so, if this does not work, i will be having a invasive procedure through the chest wall.
    my consultant told me that i need to lose 30 kilo’s for this procedure to take place.
    i have cut my calorie intake by roughly half, but i am still eating a small amount of carbs.
    if i do not eat carbs then i am constantly hungery.
    any way of getting around this?

hrcmonty
    Free Member

OMG,

No i’m not, and i’ve obviously touched a nerve of offering my Story.

So please disregard any of my threads, and all crack on as we were.
    Some things arn’t for everyone.

Happy riding Guys.

iDave
    Free Member

ton, not sure about the carb and hunger link? usually protein is more effective for taking away feelings of hunger? so a slice of ham, a few almonds etc? and I’d also suggest that in the circumstances a bit of hunger may be inevitable and you’re man enough to deal with it? good luck.

iDave
    Free Member

hrcmonty – just interested in why you think herbalife is a good thing? Do you not think it’s expensive and totally unnecessary?

ourmaninthenorth

So, I’ve been iDieting on and off for a few weeks.

I’ve lost weight, but after two weeks firmly away from the principles (i.e. eating bread and junk food), I’ve gained some. So, I’m firmly back on it.

The loss of bloating is great (as is the loss of flatulence). When sticking tot he diet, I feel more energetic and generally less fatigued/lethargic.

I have also become much more of a cook – I’m now responsible for 5 days of cooking a week – and am enjoying finding out all sorts of new and interesting foods.

Lunch today is semi-illegal thai curry (coconut milk can’t be idiet friendly) and quinoa. In fact, quinoa is one of the great hidden secrets of food. DOes everything that rice does but without the leaden starchiness. Joy!

hrcmonty
    Free Member

iDave,

to be honest, it’s good for me. Heres the thing. It is now i’ve read your thread what your doing. But i simply do not have time in my day to get up, make an elabrate Breakfast, i don’t have the facilities or time at dinner either to do the same.

So i get up make my shake, and i’m off to work, knowing i’m getting 100% of my RDA. Sorted nice and easy and i don’t need to worry about straying.

So in answer to your question yes i do. I used to do a little bodybuilding so i know when something is full of Crap. And obviously i understand your reaction now, as i’ve looked at your profile and this is obviously a competitor for you, and i come storming in on your thread.

So i fully apologise about that. But i use the Herbalife gear for weight maintainance and it makes me feel Great, unbloated and full of energy. It also is good for my XC riding.

i don’t think it’s expensive no. i would if i still had to buy my weekly shopping, but i don’t so its swings and roundabouts. And the price of Food in the UK at the moment, it’s actually cheaper.

I still have a meal on an evening, still snack, and still have normal balanced lunch most days.

ourmaninthenorth

I won’t write too much, but i really really urge anyone to try it over any ‘DIET’. I went through nutritionforwellness.co.uk

And the best thing is, you get a Free wellness check and your own personal Coach, who helps you with everything.

And next you’ll be telling us that Herbalife isn’t a pyramid scheme….

I smell something FISHY

iDave
    Free Member

herbalife isn’t in any way a competitor of mine? how do you make that out? this diet thing was distributed far and wide for free.

i just think the whole herbalife concept is awful.

scruff
    Free Member

Cumberland sausages and eggs for breakfast is a WIN but you need some Levi ‘Scratch’ Perry sauce for fully awesome.

Stoner
    Free Member

Riders weighed in, riders weighed in.
    turns out I underestimated the loss this week: 93.6Kg to 92.2Kg since last monday. Probably mainly a poo and a piss in the difference, but Im calling that a success.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 110 total)

The topic ‘Lost weight on a hybrid iDave plan, happy:)’ is closed to new replies.