Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Lost a Maxle near Llangenny. How to find a cheap replacement?
  • bristolbikeproject
    Free Member

Got home from a trip to the Black Mountains to find no Maxle! And they cost £40 to replace!!! Any ideas where to get a cheap one? I must have left it behind, but it’s long drive back if i cant find it where we parked up.

Northwind

What model’s it from? I might have a Lyrik one spare

Ambrose

I’ll post this up on Mynydd Du MTB, just in case.

Ambrose

Can you describe the site at all, any/ all information is helpful.

bristolbikeproject
    Free Member

Thanks for the responses. The Maxle is a 20mm for a Revelation. I think its the same as the Lyric.

I lost it in a parking layby north of Llanbedr. There’s a cottage on the left side of the road and a old track going steeply up the side of the hill towards Table Mountain. This is marked as a footpath on the OS just beneath where it says Penhoelmeirch. There’s also some ruined barns half way up this track. Here but ignore the arrow, its in the square below.

muddyground
    Free Member

No help, but I zip tie my maxles on now after a £40 hit.

barzy38
    Free Member

if you’re still lookin, i’ll send you one (couple of quid post), though it’s a standard and not a lite

bristolbikeproject
    Free Member

Thanks guys. Its turned up!!! I had put it down on a radiator when i got home with a big pile of muddy stuff. I’d still be up for a spare one for a few quid tho.

GW
    Free Member

Barzy – is your maxle a 360 or the proper old style? I’m curtently using a bodged together maxle as I broke the skewer on mine and would be hugely grateful for a cheap replacement

Sorry to cut in bristol.

barzy38
    Free Member

the lever spins 360, if that’s what you mean

GW
    Free Member

Yeah, that’s the one. Give me your email and I can paypal you a fiver for it?

barzy38
    Free Member

fair enough
    barzy38@hotmail.com

GW
    Free Member

Sent
    Stuck my name in the note, address should be in confirmation email.
    Cheers!

barzy38
    Free Member

your name, but no address…
    let me know again

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Lost a Maxle near Llangenny. How to find a cheap replacement?’ is closed to new replies.