Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Loss of no claims bonus!!!!
  • loddrik
    Free Member

Had 14 years ncb but we’ve only had one car for the last 3 years so I’ve just been named on the wife’s. just tried to get insured only to be told that as its been more than two years since I was last a main driver that my ncb has now gone. Nothing I can do about it. All those years paying extra to protect it are now gone. It’s totally outrageous.

Am now thinking that I’m unlikely to have another car in my name as I live in the most expensive part if the uk for car insurance and the quotes on my touran were obscene and that was when I thought I had 14 years worth. I shudder to think what it’d be without any ncb.

Is there anything I can do about this??

Lifer
    Free Member

Read the small print. Pretty standard clause.

one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

Yup shoddy but that’s the way it is, some company’s issue NCb to named drivers, if your wife’s does you might be able to get a letter of NBC entitlement to include your 14years previous.

I will have been out the country for 18month and I’m going to have to reinsure my v70 while I’m back just to keepe 6 years as its 550gbp with NBC or 1800 without so I don’t intend to lose it…

lightman
    Free Member
    RustyMac

Only thing you can do is call round other insurers and see if they accept it. May work our more expensive this year but be worth it in the long run.

glupton1976
    Free Member

Go to a broker and the chances are you’ll get a good amount of discretionary NCD. I hadnt had a car for 3 years, I now have 5yrs worth….

spooky_b329

I used a broker as I insure a self build campervan…they don’t use no claims, so I got something like 6 years equivalent discount as I’d been driving 6 years but on a company policy and on the other halfs insurance. The downside is it doesn’t build up no claims either, as they assume a campervan would be your second vehicle…

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Loss of no claims bonus!!!!’ is closed to new replies.