Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Look at me – look at me (Attention seeking – Blatant self promotion content)
  • breakneckspeed
    Free Member

In a desperate attempt to boost my ego and self worth I’ve entered into the social networking age to substitute real friend with virtual ones and joined twitter.
    This is mostly likely just a reaction to been 49 this week and contemplating the vast wastes of middle age mediocrity
    So if you fancy following the minutia of a board middle age blokes pitiful life head on over to Twitter

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

and contemplating the vast wastes of middle age mediocrity

this is not actually compulsory…

breakneckspeed
    Free Member

SFB – I’m sure its one of Erickson’s developmental stages

[Heads off to re-read psychology book]

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

😉

cynic-al
    Free Member

There must be some interesting stuff on twitter, but I dread to think ho much garbage is there.

Really don't see the point of self-publication for all myself.

Olly
    Free Member

never set foot on twitter, not once, but everyone bloody has it now, even important stuff is only availible off twitter, whatever happened to a normal RSS feed.
    grrr

Moses

I bothered to look at your Twitter feed.

Can we have some pictures of your daughter cheerleading, pleaase?

😛

breakneckspeed
    Free Member

Moses – As a proud farther I would gladly post up pic of my beautiful blond sixteen year old daughter – sadly in this day and age taking photos of young semi clad girls in public places is some what frowned up on so sadly no pic

cinnamon_girl

Agree with sfb.

If you want to be old, you will be old … will you be happy though?

breakneckspeed
    Free Member

From Erikson
    Central tasks of Middle Adulthood
    • Express love through more than sexual contacts. – Oh great no bonking
    • Maintain healthy life patterns. – great no booze no fry – ups
    • Develop a sense of unity with mate. – talking to the wife!
    • Help growing and grown children to be responsible adults. -They have the fun I use to have
    • Relinquish central role in lives of grown children. – They treat me like I’m senile
    • Accept children's mates and friends. 2 daughters – you have to be joking
    • Create a comfortable home. – More bloody decorating
    • Be proud of accomplishments of self and mate/spouse. – Oh great the end is neigh
    • Reverse roles with aging parents. – Not likely I do that for a living
    • Achieve mature civic and social responsibility. – What no more cheeky trails
    • Adjust to physical changes of middle age. – Body falling apart
    • Use leisure time creatively. – Ya saga holidays
    • Love for others – need to find a mistress 20 years younger then me

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Please can I have Erikson's address ? I want to go round and punch him.

Moses

Woo-hoo. I've more-or-less managed those tasks with another 10 years to go. Gold star for me, I think.

PS – taking pictures of 16-year olds is fine.

willard

Right, so as I trundle towards middle age thinking it was all about losing my hair and buying a porsche or a motor bike to cope with the loss of my youth, I now see that I have all the fun of _more_ bloody decorating to look forward to.

Thanks for posting that link. Now I'm really glad I'm getting older.

breakneckspeed
    Free Member

Moses – she’s the oldest in the troop and only in there to throw the little owns around as the average age of the troop about 10 years

Happy to cheer everybody up with the prospects of middle age – must confess its all a bit tongue in cheek – actually looking forward to future as Mrs BNS & I are getting our lives back together now that are parental duties are becoming at arms length

I tend to use the Erikson stuff at work but mainly the Senior: Integrity vs. Despair (65 years onwards) as that the age group I work with – it often good to explain & manage depression in later life in combination of live review and reminiscence therapy

Sandwich

SFB there's a queue outside Eriksons, take a ticket and wait!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Look at me – look at me (Attention seeking – Blatant self promotion content)’ is closed to new replies.