Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • longshot – show me your gritstone bfe's
  • stevede
    Free Member

Morning all,
    i’m treating myself to a new bfe frame in the new year and was just wondering if anyone on here has a gritstone frame.
    Failing that show me your other coloured bfe’s,looking for some inspiration whilst i’m sat bored in hospital!
    Cheers,
    Steve

wheelz
    Free Member

Not the gritstone version, but a recent purchase that I am very, very happy with. The full sus hasn’t been out of the garage since I got it…

chakaping
    Free Member

I pretty much finished building my blue bfe last night, will post a pic later.

chakaping
    Free Member

Right, here you go…

Mostly built up with spares and a few bits from here, including frame – thanks Spacecadet.

Looks good though I think.

Edit: Get well soon BTW!

epicsteve
    Free Member

Not gritstone, but here’s mine anyway!

accu
    Free Member

I wish the old battleship grey would be still available ….

Olly
    Free Member

Chakaping, youll be needing a 1980s BMX style bar pad on that steerer?

chakaping
    Free Member

Yeah it’s s bit on the long side, daren’t trim it though as this bike has such a short HT.

Vortexracing

I’ve just got off the phone to Cy about a XS Gritstone one for general buggering around on (especially at the local BMX track).

need to order before tomorrow lunch to beat the VAT rise,

decisions, decisions. I hate buying under pressure. 😡

BTW epicsteve, tried those wheels yet? and how’s the grey BFe doing?

stevede
    Free Member

Cheers, some lovely BFe’s there, the blue does look good too which makes my decision harder! Think i’m going stealthy though with the gritstone frame, slx cranks, black pikes which i’ll prob get some black decals for, gunmetal grey v1 bars, straitline stem, tech v2 brakes, 521/pro2’s and the option of borrowing the 36’s from my five if i want to take it stupidly slack for some full on DH action!
    Roll on pay day.

Vortexracing

Sounds like a nice spec that stevede. The Pike will be spon on.

Mines going to have some Domains on it.

I’m struggling like hell to build it on a budget. I seem to start off with the principle of building a cheap set-up but nearly always start to tart the bloody thing up, even before I’ve bought the thing.

IE decided on a cheap crankset, like the FSA GAP one on merlin at £60, but i’m now thinking maybe SLX for a few quid more. 🙄

stevede
    Free Member

Building from scratch always starts with good intentions and snowballs for me too. Luckily this time i’m just transferring the majority of the kit from one frame to another. The majority of my decent spec kit is second hand off here or southern downhill – my V2’s were £65 each with floating rotors! Also picked up some SLX cranks for £45 so if your happy using the classifieds you can still spec out a nice build for not too much £££

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Mines going to have some Domains on it.

Domains seem like overkill for general “buggering” about, some pikes/argyles/dirt jumpers would be better i reckon

Vortexracing

your right, patience is a virtue.

just frustrating. 😡

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

You’d be able to pick up some dirt jumpers for about £50 – £100 off here, or ebay. Should be about right.

Vortexracing

Domains seem like overkill for general “buggering” about

I know, but I got em cheap and they go on my 5 spot for trips to the Alps and uplift days etc.

they are u-turn ones so I can drop them to 115mm, it’s just the fact they weigh just over 6lbs 🙄

accu
    Free Member

wheelz…please.. what size is your blue one…?

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘longshot – show me your gritstone bfe's’ is closed to new replies.