Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Long weekend on Skye – what to do/take a bike?
  • unknown
    Free Member

Off to Skye this weekend with the Mrs for our anniversary. Now, as this is meant to be a romantic getaway I have no chance of proper (bike) riding time, but I might be able to sneak a couple hours on the road bike. We’re staying in the Sleat area, does stw think it would be worth it?

We may do some walking if the weather is nice, any other suggestions for things we should/shouldn’t do on the island? It must be about 20 years since I went last.

unknown
    Free Member

Was meant to be chat forum, could be either I spose.

Merak

Lots of good road riding to be had. From Portree up to Staffin and the Quirang, perhaps an ostrtich burger at the top, its a fair climb. Descend to Uig and back down the west side.

If your feeling adventurous, over to Rassay and Calums road?

Hellishly unforgiving place re the wind and better with a wee buncH.

I like it.

wbss
    Free Member

forget bikes.

smash out a traverse of the cullin ridge. very romantic.

cvilla

Nice and hilly for bikes, but if you are near Broadford check out Creelers for food. Enjoy.

stumpyjumper
    Free Member

Stein inn at stein for an unforgettable sunset if its clear. Languistines and cracking ale to boot too.
    The quirang is a fantasy like place on bike or foot. You have to go the cuillins and you have to go the slig too.
    RIB ride to rhum for the deer rutting would be pretty amazing. Finally if you can afford it the three chimneys restaurant do amazing food and great service.

Oh, just remember if you want to get anywhere on Skye its at least an hour!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Long weekend on Skye – what to do/take a bike?’ is closed to new replies.