Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Long shot – anyone live in/around Munich/Regensburg area of Germany?
  • BiscuitPowered
    Free Member

Possibility of moving there at the start of next year. Would be good to know there’s some riding and people to ride with…

Anyone?

molgrips
    Free Member

There are a few on here, IIRC.

I used to live in Munich, there’s bugger all near the city but if you want to drive/train an hour you’re in business.

welshfarmer

I used to live in Southern Germany for about 5 years. If I was offered the chance to relocate anywhere in Europe I would choose Munich and its’ environs in a shot. Think about driving 4 hours out of London on a Friday night to go somewhere for a weekend trip. Now have a look where you can get in 4 hours drive from Munich!

jambalaya
    Free Member

@welshfarmer, Wales is 3hrs from London but I see that doesn’t appeal 😉

OP a good MTB mate lived in Munich, he did a bit of riding plenty of xc stuff reasonably close (as per @molgrips). I think it’s a good city a few Uni mates went there and never came back (European Computer Science Research Center). Good quality of life and a great outdoor playground within striking distance in the car.

molgrips
    Free Member

I wouldnt’ go back to Germany. Sod driving 4 hours from London – I don’t live in London and I can ride great trails from my door. Can’t do that in Munich 🙂

Wales is 3hrs from London

More like 2 🙂

welshfarmer

@ jambalaya. Before I lived in Germany I spent 5 years in London. Suffice it to say I know exactly how long it takes to get out of that city to anywhere else in the UK since I did not spend a single (as in not one) weekend there in all of those 5 years!!! 🙂

You would have to pay me to go back there now (even though you are correct and it is only 3 hours away for me)

BiscuitPowered
    Free Member

OK thanks chaps, sounds good. It’s really Regensburg where I’d be working/living. Apparently there are some pretty good bike parks around but I’d have to drive to get to them.

molgrips
    Free Member

If you love mountains moving to London was a bit of a mistake aye 🙂

welshfarmer

@ molgrips… it quite often used to take 2 hours to get beyond the M25 leaving London on any given Friday evening…….

But this gets away from the original question. I say, if you are open minded and prepared to expand your horizons, learn a language, get away from the english speaking communities that exist in any foreign land and meet the local people, then you will have a fantastic time in Germany (or anywhere else to be fair).

porlus
    Free Member

Was seeing a German girl from Bad Windsheim for a few months. Plenty of good riding there 😆

molgrips
    Free Member

He specifically asked about riding, not if he would have a good time 🙂

BiscuitPowered
    Free Member

Yeah, I’m totally up for that – fur zwei Jahre habe Ich Deutsch bei Abendklassen gelernt

edit: word order 😉

welshfarmer

Sehr gut. Just be warned. I came back with a German missus and she likes her beer and nagging in German is somehow worse than nagging in english (I think!) 😉

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Long shot – anyone live in/around Munich/Regensburg area of Germany?’ is closed to new replies.