Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • London to Brighton (nearly) good pub for lunch?
  • Sidney
    Free Member

To the STW hive,

I have organised a works cycling trip (24th Sep) where we are cycling from Guildford to Brighton. I have even encouraged some of our Germanic colleagues to partake. Does anyone know a good pub around the 35-40 mile mark from guildford that we can stop for refreshment? I know some guys did this earlier in the summer from the London. Ideally a selection of real ales and nice pub grub.

I know BHF are doing it same day as well. Hopefully shouldn’t be too busy.

Finally, thinking that for my first long distance ish ride I might want to put some semi slicks on the bike. Conti travel contact look alright but will I regret it?

Ta

anjs
    Free Member

I think that 700 plus rides are signed up for this so will be busy I guess. The BHF recomended lunch pub is in Shere so you might be alright. The natural choice would be the Bax Castle which is right by the Downs link.

Sidney
    Free Member

Thanks Anjs

I expect it to be busier than normal but with a limit of 800 riders spread over the course it shouldn’t be to busy.

That pubs looks ace, just what I want. Just thinking would like somewhere perhaps more than halfway from guildford so we break the back in the morning.

Hobster
    Free Member

If you are after real ale the Partridge in Partridge Green (about 6 miles further on than the Bax Castle) is owned by the Darkstar brewery.

Sidney
    Free Member

Cheers Hobster, looks worth a look!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘London to Brighton (nearly) good pub for lunch?’ is closed to new replies.