• This topic has 9 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by Alex.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • London Parking question – University College Hospital..
  • Alex

.. going there tomororw for work stuff. Need to drive, will be coming down M40. Don’t want to pay congestion charge, would rather not be massively stiffed for parking either.

So option is to park somewhere like Euston and walk. Or park somewhere further out like Hillingdon and get the tube in. I have to be there for 11 and won’t be leaving until 3 so my preference is stay further out and tube it.

Any recommendations?

Alex

oops wrong forum!

qwerty
    Free Member

Park and pedal an option? London Underground is not nice in this warm weather.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Your issue with Hillingdon will be if the car park is full, I have driven and parked there before but parked up by 7.30am

You can drive very close before you get to the zone but traffic could be an issue. As you are there for quite a long time a lot of metered parking is out of the question with a 4 hour time limit. Given the cost of London parking £12 for the congestion charge isn’t so bad. The big underground car park off Park Lane is just outside the zone (longer walk/boris bike) than Euston but not sure where there is to park there and zone starts just south of the main road I recall.

sm
    Free Member

Maybe park in Hammersmith and get ham & City line into Euston Sq. Ham&City has air con 🙂

TheBrick
    Free Member

Euston / Marlibone road is outside CC, only an issue if you turn south. Or it least it was…

Alex

thanks all. bike not possible for various reasons. I think I’ll park at Euston, at least I’m not too far into London to get out. Or failing that Hammersmith – not thought of that, I’ll check out some car parks there.

vinnyeh

Westfield? All day parking 6.50, easy to get to from the A40, on the Hammersmith/City line for Euston.

takisawa2

We’ve used Just Park, under Euston Station which is (I think) right on the edge of the congestion zone. THIS one I think it was.

Coming off the M40 there are a couple of tube stations I’ve used.
    Hillingdon is big. The East & West Ruislip ones are only a few mins away too.
    One of the Ruislip ones has a chap on duty.

Alex

That JustPark is great. Thanks. £6.90 and 10 minutes walk. Much appreciated all.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘London Parking question – University College Hospital..’ is closed to new replies.