Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Llyn Peninsular trails
  • jaffejoffer
    Free Member

in laws live near pwllheli, going staying for a few days next week, contemplating taking the bike. just wondered if anyone knew of any decent trails round there? i have been loads but never taken my bike before, but i want local, not driving out to Coed Y Brenin or owt.

ta

Rorschach
    Free Member

Take a road bike,slim pickings off road.I used to live in Mynytho.Theres odds and sods but you’d need a guide.Go and see Si at flipside jewellery in Abersoch and take biscuits!

RustySpanner

Dunno about off-road, but spent a couple of days last week pottering about on the road bikes.

From Nefyn all round the coast to Pwllheli and back over was a cracker, as was Penygroes to Porthmadoc, Criccieth and back on the Route 8 cycleway.

Some nice quiet roads round Capel Uchaf too, and a pleasant cycleway from Caernarfon Castle down to Bryncir.

If you end up in Porthmadoc, pop into the caff at the Welsh Highland Railway station – it’s a cracker.

jaffejoffer
    Free Member

yeah her dad is a well keen roadie and loves it round there, but not my bag im afraid. may well just pay si a visit tho!

wors

snowdon isn’t too far.

RustySpanner

He’s right you know – 45 mins to Llanberis.

Might as well try the roads though, what harm can it do?

djglover
    Free Member

I was at morfa nefyn for 2 weeks with the bike. The only day I rode I drove to Coedy.

RustySpanner

Roadist.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Llyn Peninsular trails’ is closed to new replies.