Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Llandegla Parallel Universe – will I die
  • tomj
    Free Member

Lets not turn this into yet another ‘Llandegla’s rubbish’ vs ‘its the best thing in mountain biking ever’ debate. I quite like the place, live not too far away and am planning on going on Friday. So there!!

Anyhow I note that the top section of the first black run is shut, but parallel universe is open. How does it compare, how hard is it and will I die! I enjoy riding all the other black sections, including B-line but when I’m by myself am a little cautious on a new trail. Anything to watch out for or beware of??

Cheers

JohnClimber
    Free Member

It’s all rollable so don’t worry. The rock garden is a bit rough if you ride rigid.
    Take it slow and you should live

grum
    Free Member

Which bit is parallel universe then? How new is it?

Tom-B
    Free Member

Meh I’m utter pap on a bike and didn’t find it very tricky at the weekend.

RoterStern
    Free Member

Isn’t parallel universe the black trail that splits at the top and joins itself lower down on a berm? If that is the case then the rock garden might look a bit intimidating for a less experienced biker but it is actually relatively easy to roll over everything and the rocks are pretty grippy even if they do look very man made. Possibly watch the first drop off right at the sign if you have a low BB.

tomj
    Free Member

Cheers. Looks like I’ll give it a go. I usually ride Peaks or Lee Quarry so ok-ish on rocks! Just wanted to check it wasn’t a step up from the other blacks or had nasty surprises

Zaskar93
    Free Member

A bunch of us are going on Saturday. Which is Parallel Universe and where does it bypass/rejoin the bit that is closed as I don’t see it specifically mentioned on the PDF map on Llandegla’s website even though the closure is mentioned in the notice on there

tthew

If you’re confident to ride over the first drop in, then the rest of it’s a piece of cake. It’s nice, flowing and jumpy (or rolly if you’re a wheels on the ground type of bloke)

Parallel starts just after Snowden View, (that gap in the trees just before the main blacks begin) where it splits off Big Jim’s.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Llandegla Parallel Universe – will I die’ is closed to new replies.