Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • LinkedIn problem
  • four
    Free Member

Anyone here know how to sort this?

I joined LinkedIn yesterday and was quite happily making contacts, I was doing the same this morning and the app threw me out, when I tried to log back in a message came up saying account restricted.

I’ve read the reasons for restriction and the only one I can think of that may apply is that I’ve been ‘over active’ – I’m poorly at the moment so I have been pretty busy on the site as I’m stuck on the sofa with not a lot else to do.

I can’t find a way to contact LinkedIn without being logged in (which I can’t do) anyone here know a solution please?

cb

I think it just keeps you ouit for a while – they assume you are mining sales leads rather than using it foe networking. The whole thing went downhill went Yahoo took it over…

four
    Free Member

Thanks, they are impossible to contact.

I will leave it alone for 24 hours then try again to log in and see what happens.

I didn’t realise Yahoo owned it.

shinton
    Free Member

Microsoft bought LinkedIn for $26bn. I have no idea why.

hols2
    Free Member

Microsoft bought LinkedIn for $26bn. I have no idea why.

I think they wanted to distract attention from the $10bn they burned when they bought Nokia.

shinton
    Free Member

Could have been worse, they bid $44bn for Yahoo and it got turned down 😯

four
    Free Member

I’ve opened another account so that I can ask the question on the help forum – these guys really don’t want to be contacted!!!

vickypea
    Free Member

I have a LinkedIn problem too: I was accessing it on my phone when it “forced” me to download the app. So I downloaded the app but in doing so, it’s created me a second profile with the same name and photo but nothing else. I can’t work out how to delete it without deleting my real profile!

deadkenny
    Free Member

LinkedIn is going the way of Friends Reunited.

Not sure what MS are doing with it. They couldn’t even be bothered to do a decent Windows app for it to showcase their (struggling, but nice to develop for) app platform.

ratherbeintobago

LinkedIn is going the way of Friends Reunited.

Not sure what MS are doing with it. They couldn’t even be bothered to do a decent Windows app for it to showcase their (struggling, but nice to develop for) app platform.

I work in a sector where LinkedIn is of no value whatsoever. This doesn’t stop me being pestered with ‘Join LinkedIn to connect with this person you barely know’ emails.

MS sometimes appear to be lacking in clue beyond Office. Yammer was another social media ‘triumph’ of theirs, was it not?

deadkenny
    Free Member

They bought Yammer, and don’t seem to have done much with it. Then they launch Microsoft Teams. That itself is set to become the replacement for Skype for Business which was Lync that they bought and failed to update it in line with consumer Skype (which annoyingly many businesses tend to use but has issues connecting with Skype for Business and lacks the business features, but because Skype app is nicer looking and a lot of people can’t get their head round SfB, they tend to use that).

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘LinkedIn problem’ is closed to new replies.