Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Lift To Kielder 100 from Glasgow with a guy called Martin?!
  • CraigB
    Free Member

This is a long shot folks, but I met a guy called Martin at the Recoat bike art exhibit in Glasgow two weeks ago (Fri 7th August) and he offered me a lift down to Kielder… I have since lost his phone number!

Does anyone think they know or are Martin?

If so, please get in touch on this thread and hopefully the lift is still available!

Cheers folks!
    Craig

the_sea_is_silent
    Free Member

Craig,

I know Martin. I've just sent him a couple of very weird txts to confirm that you and he know each other. He now thinks I'm a psychic weirdo of some sort.

He says he'll be in touch with you shortly.

tyger
    Free Member

The power of STW! LOL

Surfr
    Free Member

That's awesome 🙂

mrsflash
    Free Member

lol!

the_sea_is_silent
    Free Member

It's a real bit of luck cos I haven't had time (with work commitments) to be on this site for ages. So all the weirder really that I was drawn back here.

Cheers.

CraigB
    Free Member

the_sea_is_silent, thanks for your help!

Fingers crossed it's the same Martin… He said he had a campervan… An I was the singlespeeder he was talking to beside the "Death Before Derailuer" art piece….I hope this extra evidence helps!

Thanks Again,
    Craig.

PS. tyger, this is the first time I've used the forum and I've got to say I'm very impressed with the whole single track forum community!

the_sea_is_silent
    Free Member

Craig,

Did you hear from Martin?

Silentsea

samuri
    Free Member
    SiB
    Free Member

Only clicked on this as it sounded like a lonely hearts ad…………now there's an idea

CraigB
    Free Member

Silentsea,

Haven't heard from Martin yet. I don't think he has my number so we'll have to get in touch through this thread I think.

I'll check back this avo, but otherwise, I'll be away from email over the weekend (riding the WHW tomorrow!).

Hopefully he'll have had a chance to get on here by then.

Cheers,
    Craig.

the_sea_is_silent
    Free Member

Last time I spoke to him he was getting an account set up here. I'll let him know you're still needing to speak to him.

ittaika
    Free Member

Hi Craig,
    Sorry for taking so long to reply – finally got my user sorted out.
    Hope the WHW went well – you enjoy the bike/hike along the north edge of Loch Lomond?
    I'm still doing the Kielder 100 and the offer of a lift is still open. I'm not sure if I'm taking the camper van though as it needs to go in for some repairs sometime soon – depends how quickly the insurance company sort stuff out…
    If not, I'll be taking a tent.
    My email is on my profile so drop me a line whenyou get a chance and we can sort out the details.
    Cheers,
    Martin

ittaika
    Free Member

and cheers to silent sea for acting as an agent – usual rates?

the_sea_is_silent
    Free Member

Usual rates? for this job I think some sort of additional fee should be considered.

😉

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Lift To Kielder 100 from Glasgow with a guy called Martin?!’ is closed to new replies.