• This topic has 176 replies, 71 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by GW.
Viewing 17 posts - 161 through 177 (of 177 total)
  • Life is all about taking risks…
  • GrahamS

*Sends snowboarding video to wife*

Where do you get a board that small though?

Looks like the K2 Lil Kandi Grom pack, but that would be too big:
    http://www.boardwise.com/p-8650-k2-lil-kandi-grom-pack-kids-snowboard-package-2012-size-10-boot.aspx

I’m thinking of picking up a pair of these Baby Skis when we take our 22mo to Austria next week:

http://www.absolute-snow.co.uk/P/Manbi_GIPRON_Mini_Baby_Skis_60_or_70cm_Red_or_Blue-%2827945%29.aspx

jam_bo
    Free Member

Burton chopper comes in 80cm

GrahamS

Yeah the Kandi Grom starts at 90cm, but the boots are size 10 so she’d need to wear a lot of socks!

aracer
    Free Member

I’m thinking of picking up a pair of these Baby Skis when we take our 22mo to Austria next week:

mini-aracer got a set of those for xmas a year ago – used once on xmas day, and sitting waiting for snow since then. He found them last week and is getting all excited about the idea of getting some more snow to try them on (not that I think we’re getting any here). He was almost 4 at the time though – I reckon 22mo might be rather too small for most kids (not sure I’d want our 2 3/4yo on them).

MrSalmon
    Free Member

To be fair, wearing a helmet is only a “habit” for mountaineers and begnners, most decent climbers don’t bother with one.

Eh? So good climbers don’t climb anywhere where helmets are a good idea?
    If you mean climbers on very hard overhanging sport routes where things are very unlikely to fall on your head, I take your point.

jam_bo
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvDqJxrZIto[/video]

Some cool tandem snowboard action about a minute in.

GrahamS

used once on xmas day, and sitting waiting for snow since then

Lol, same thing here: we bought a plastic sledge before Xmas that is gathering dust in the shed since. Snow is forecast for this weekend though.

I reckon 22mo might be rather too small for most kids (not sure I’d want our 2 3/4yo on them).

I was mainly planning to just push/drag her about on them on the flat (with me on foot). I think she’d cope with that and hopefully find it quite fun. Think that’d be okay or are they just too hard for kids that age?

Just trying to think of things to do with her while I’m on daddy day care in Schladming.

mugsys_m8

We could (re)start a debate on whether it’s a good idea to take your baby/toddler on a ski trip…. I remember an epic thread along those lines a fair while ago.

GrahamS

Yeah I think the consensus last year on here was we were horrible selfish parents for considering leaving her with grandparents, and even worse for taking her, and should probably have her taken off us for having a quiet drink in the hotel bar while she slept in the room 🙄

We’re a bit surer of ourselves these days. She’ll have a good time.

aracer
    Free Member

I was mainly planning to just push/drag her about on them on the flat (with me on foot). I think she’d cope with that and hopefully find it quite fun. Think that’d be okay or are they just too hard for kids that age?

Just trying to think of things to do with her while I’m on daddy day care in Schladming.

I did drag mini-aracer around on them a bit (me on XC skis), but I think they’d have been a waste just for that – better off with a sledge. Not really worth it until they can at least get around a bit themselves – I should also point out that mini-aracer didn’t find it all that easy standing on them getting pulled around.

GrahamS

Hmmmm… okay, I might just stick with the sledge then.

Though I have a feeling she’ll see other folk on skis and demand to have go. 😀

“Myturn. Myturn. MYturndaddeeeee. Daaaaadeee… Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeze” etc etc etc 🙂

mintimperial

Though I have a feeling she’ll see other folk on skis and demand to have go.

Take a babycarrier backpack? 😉

GrahamS

I’d actually be fine boarding with her in a backpack (on easy runs natch) – but she’s not that keen on backpacks and yeah, I’d want a helmet for her!

molgrips
    Free Member

I have taken my 2yo on training rides. I discovered I’d improved quite a bit doing speed intervals and going alarmingly quickly even with the trailer on the back.

mintimperial

I’d actually be fine boarding with her in a backpack

Heh, ace. Just for heaven’s sake don’t let anyone post pics on the internet…

RHSno2
    Free Member

Living your life to the ‘consensus’. Jesus.

Good for the lady sticking it to The High and Mighty.

GW
    Free Member

As a parent of a toddler – no helmet for the kiddy is an epic fail.

When nipper is on the bike the test is would i wear one for that ride. If yes we both wear, if not he gets to choose!No, what is an Epic FAIL is that you deem your toddler capable of choosing.
    I make the choice when mine wear their helmets but I don’t ever wear one when I’m riding with them.

Viewing 17 posts - 161 through 177 (of 177 total)

The topic ‘Life is all about taking risks…’ is closed to new replies.