Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • lets talk frames advice needed
  • duncancallum

Right I’ve a 2007 trek fuel ex7 with a good smattering of decent kit. that I bought this time last year after needing a full bounce after some surgery.

I’m just not getting on with it, I find it too short and with the 130mm forks it is very snappy especially when the forks are working. So I’d like a reasonable 2nd hand frame that I can swap my gear over too.

So any suggestions. I am not a gravity fiend and just enjoy trail riding and do most of my riding round rivvy but do go out and about.

Cheers

nuke

So if you sticking with the 130 forks and you find the fuel a bit snappy, im guessing a 120mm (as per the 07 fuel)/130mm slacker 26″ frame…well based on the standard “suggest what you have”, I’d say a cotic hemlock with 120mm rocker fitted

RustyMac

What did you ride before the ex7 that you liked?

duncancallum

I rode a 1998 Saracen kili team, it’s still on the rigid straight forks. Brilliant bike.

I managed to high side it and broke my pelvis. Hence the full bounce. I find it weird on the full bounce but needs must.

I think the head angle is 69deg so with the 130s it’s. A bit pitchy.

jairaj

A newer Fuel EX?

I demoed a 2013 version and really liked it. It was pretty stable going down some technical stuff. I think the newer one is probably a degree slacker.

Or Giant Trance,I think that came with a 120mm fork. It would have to be 2nd hand as lastest ones are 27.5 wheel size.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘lets talk frames advice needed’ is closed to new replies.