Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Lefty Service recommendations?
  • andyeez
    Free Member

Who are we using for Lefty Max servicing these days, any recommendations very welcome.

glenh
    Free Member

Always used to do mine myself.

starsh78
    Free Member

Local CSG Dealer 🙂

z1ppy
    andyeez
    Free Member

I’ve done the basics myself but I think it is due new needle bearings, sliders and oil change so I would rather send to the experts.

Kieran

2nd for Tony @ Thumbprint

Excellent service

andyeez
    Free Member

Anyone used Noahs Ark?

andyeez
    Free Member

anyone??

M6TTF
    Free Member

Mate has just had his done at a place in Devon I think? Came recommended as the guy to use – can find out if you wish

Garry_Lager

I’ve always used thumbprint. TFT do them now as well, but I’ve not seen any reason to change.

andyeez
    Free Member

M6TTF… would be interested please, cheers

dale
    Free Member

I have used Noah’ cheap and ok. Didn’t do well with tony shimming not so good he is hard to get hold of and fork still rattles 🙁 also concider stendec if youre after tweaking the damping also the man from Evans suspention always been helpfull.For basic bearings and sliders try to do it yourself (need a micrometer)or Noah’s

keppoch

A friend used Noahs Ark recently. Very very slow and suspected involvement in cross-threaded top cap. Shame really because they were so much cheaper than the other options it would be good to report on a positive outcome.

The fork does work a lot better post service though.

keppoch.

mattsccm
    Free Member

Sort of following on… my brother had his done last year, TFT I think and they(it?) were great but now there is some topping out. Very little use, doubt there has been 200 easy miles. I hear about bearing resetting but know bugger all.Any suggestions or info ??

andyeez
    Free Member

Bearing reset is relatively easy, email me if you want more info but a search on google for lefty bearing migration will bring up numerous results.

gothandy

TFT will only do the more modern lefty’s … something about only having the metric tools?

Thumbprint quality is great but not quick.

I didn’t know Noah’s doing service.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Lefty Service recommendations?’ is closed to new replies.