Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • LBS and Trail Centre Closure in the last week.
  • P-Jay
    Free Member

Sad to hear that Muddy Bums in Cardiff has closed. They’ve always seemed like a ‘new’ shop to me, but now I think of it, I think they were in business for about 10 years including the old shop around the corner.

I have to admit I thought Cardiff was one of the few places LBS not only survived but thrived, we’ve got more than a few decent bike shops and they always seem to be expanding – heard from a friend who knows the owner that in all those years it could never be made to pay which was sad.

Also, Coed Trallwm has closed, I have to admit that in 10+ years of riding in Wales I’d never heard of the place – seemed to be in the middle, of the middle of nowhere, just ran out of money to maintain the trails so they’ve closed up. I don’t think that can be chalked up to a decline in the sport or lack of funding – being that it seems to have existed for 15 despite being where it was.

zilog6128

Coed Trallwm has closed

that sucks, but yeah, never heard of it. I was at Cwm Rhaeadr a few months back which is only about 40 mins away so would probably have popped along had I known about it!

Splash-man
    Free Member

Hmmmm, not heard of the trail centre before so looked it up.

It says on the MBWales that it’s got a grant from the FC for upgrading so I wonder if it is bad news after all ?

chrisyork

That’s a shame, always is to beat shops shutting up. I can imagine there are so many places in Wales but in Yorkshire there’s only a few I’ve heard about , I might have to check out MB Wales in that case so thanks for that tip!

Rorschach
    Free Member

Their FB post confirms the closure.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘LBS and Trail Centre Closure in the last week.’ is closed to new replies.