Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Late winter CX build project – All finished now – Just thought i would share…
  • doodlebug
    Free Member

Just a winter project really to keep myself out of mischief over the winter dark nights.
    Got the frameset (Used) off the Singletrack classified, from Chris of the bicycle academy and everything else is second hand apart from the Campag CX brakes, all cabling and the outer chain ring. Thought i would at least try the new season in September with a full Campag set up, but will have to see how it goes, as think most riders opt for Shimano ?
    Just got to wait for the tubeless CX Vittoria’s to come into the UK, but there’s no rush as she’s pretty quick on the road 😆

Please let me know if i have done anything wrong or something looks foolish 😳

I know the garden is a right mess, but i would sooner get some mileage in !!

Clover

Very pretty!

dobo
    Free Member

White bar tape and cx racing = brown bar tape?

nice bike though

cp

nice.

those shifters look at a bit of a crazy angle mind!

Rorschach
    Free Member

Shifter are right…its just the bars that are horrible.
    Too nice to get muddy and ruin.

doodlebug
    Free Member

those shifters look at a bit of a crazy angle mind!

CP – On photo’s i have thought that, but in the flesh they are sort of straight, but more important, super comfy.

Kuco

Very nice.

doodlebug
    Free Member

Too nice to get muddy and ruin.

No Rorschach i believe all bikes need using as intended, there’s no harm in a few war wounds, just needs a little TLC after each race.
    Getting paranoid about me bars now 🙄

sefton
    Free Member

very nice! same as above “shame to wreck in cx” haha.

what are the brakes?

long chain stays aren’t they?

whats up with the bars?

organic355
    Free Member

whats the full build list?

What wheels, hubs etc

those spokes look expensive, do they offer any performance benefits for cx racing speeds or just look pretty? (only ask as I am not sure whether to go for bladed or regular spokes on my CX build).

aP
    Free Member

I’d probably suggest keeping the Racing1s for the road bike and getting some nice sprint wheels built up instead – but looks nice. I’ve been using Campag for cross racing since ’96 and never had a problem. My current bike has 09 Centaur with the new style hoods which are great to hold onto, and the SOs has ’11 Centaur but with FSA cx brakes which are super nice.

doodlebug
    Free Member

Build list :

Seat stem : Deda SuperZero
    Seat : SLR
    Handlebar stem : Deda Zero100
    Bars : Deda Campione
    Brakes : Campag CX
    Full groupset : Campag Chorus 46-36 & Record cassette 12/25
    Record BB and headset
    Gear / brake cables : Gore ride on sealed (Ultra light for Gears)
    Wheels : Fulcrum Racing 1’s (Tubeless)

Took many months to source all the second hand parts, mostly of eBay, but there was no rush…..

doodlebug
    Free Member

Been riding crappy wheels for years, and the Racing 1’s are like riding with a tail wind 😆

doodlebug
    Free Member

long chain stays aren’t they?

Sefton – Yes you are not the only one to mention this, i didn’t notice at first, but my mate mentioned that it looked like it had a long wheelbase.
    At least, this way there is plenty of tyre clearence, so should be ideal for cross ?

brakes
    Free Member

very very nice.
    I give it 2 months before you realise that scrubbing your grip tape and seat after every ride is a thankless task and replace them with black ones.

MrSparkle

Schweet.

globalti
    Free Member

Move the brakes away from you and lift the bars by 10 to 20 degrees and you’ll have a flatter top with more space for hands as well as easier reach to the brakes from the drops.

doodlebug
    Free Member

I give it 2 months before you realise that scrubbing your grip tape and seat after every ride is a thankless task

Brakes – Been using cream cleanser for years, never a problem 😉

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Late winter CX build project – All finished now – Just thought i would share…’ is closed to new replies.