Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Last night, the Laughing Policeman made me poo my pants
  • OrmanCheep
    Free Member

Put the eldest (9yr old) to bed last night at 9pm, and she went straight off to sleep.
    Settled in front of the telly with a beer, to watch Better Call Saul.
    Then, at half ten, I hear a man start laughing upstairs in my daughter’s bedroom, and she begins screaming the place down.

I run upstairs, heart pounding, and open the door to find her in the dark in a right state, thinking there’s a stranger in her room. The laughing was really loud, coming from under her bed. Pulled out a load of boxes, and eventually found a toy walkie talkie. It was switched on to channel 2, and someone was blasting out the Laughing Policeman over the airwaves.

Seriously creepy stuff

Stoner
    Free Member

was it your walkie talkie?

who come it was “on” and battery not flat?

if it wasnt your walkie talkie then…..

woody2000

I’ve had the kind of thing before – usually as a toy settles in a toy box somewhere and a button gets pressed. I’ve had my peace rudely shattered by Buzz Lightyear before now 🙂

OrmanCheep
    Free Member

We had some young cousins over in the morning, who tend to trash the kid’s rooms looking for toys to play with. We think that one of them must have pulled out the toy box under the bed, and switched it on.

Strange thing is, we went to Blackpool Pleasure Beach when I was in the cubs, and there is a laughing policeman amusement in the main entrance. It freaked me out at the age of 9, and I’ve always had a ‘fear’ of that song ever since.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWWSHq0S4EQ[/video]

Drac

I had been on my PS4 the other day then went to pick the kids up from school, I’d forgotten to switch it off as I was in a hurry. On my return the controller had powered down sending the party chat through the TV. I walked into the house to hear voices and shouting, went into fight or flight mode ‘stormed’ into the living room realising what I had done. 😳

perchypanther
    Free Member

stumpy01

In a similar vein, when I was a kid I had a Radio Shack robot, that was basically a radio controlled toy shaped like a robot. It had large red eyes that lit up.
    One night I was asleep in bed, & I must have left it turned on because it started moving across the floor with it’s light up eyes & scared the absolute crap out of me. It only stopped when it tipped over on the Scalextric track…..!
    I daren’t get out of bed to investigate…..

Another one – there’s a Wildheart’s album that has a ridiculously long final track, but it’s one of those 3 min songs with 20mins of silence & then a recording of a load of laughing & talking at the end.
    Several times I have been distracted when the album has ‘finished’ only to jump out of my skin 20 mins later when a load of talking & laughing starts up…..

McHamish
    Free Member

Yep…80-90% sure you have a ghost.

Do you have any weird clown dolls or anything?

I assume you walk into rooms without putting the light on when you hear strange noises…

Drac

Who mentioned ghosts?

sands
    Free Member

OrmanCheep – Member
    “…It was switched on to channel 2, and someone was blasting out the Laughing Policeman over the airwaves.”

If it’s any reassurance – a quick Google of: Laughing Policeman walkie talkie

shows youtube clips of this happening in Manchester / NW a couple of years ago.

And this:

“Just wondered has anyone else been hearing The Laughing Policeman being played on the pmr bands, tonight it was on channel no 2 …and strong !”

Link

McHamish
    Free Member

It was a joke…admittedly not very funny.

Some ghost films start with a toy or something playing up, often playing weird music.

willjones
    Free Member

Another one – there’s a Wildheart’s album that has a ridiculously long final track, but it’s one of those 3 min songs with 20mins of silence & then a recording of a load of laughing & talking at the end.
    Several times I have been distracted when the album has ‘finished’ only to jump out of my skin 20 mins later when a load of talking & laughing starts up…..

Yes! Learnt never to fall asleep to that album pretty quickly. Terrifying.

Drac

Ah! Like the clown on Poltergeist the original not the crap remake.

Sorry missed what you meant.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Don’t some of you set these off as a joke occasionally?

joshvegas
    Free Member

Yep.

There is a youtube alarmclock website. Not thinking clearly I once set ghost town by the specials. 5.30am mid winter pitch black.

I was unsettled all day.

Pigface
    Free Member

Thats a bit sinister

OrmanCheep
    Free Member

I just remembered a wooden jigsaw puzzle we used to have in the kids bedroom, with magnets in so that it played the noise of the picture on that piece when it was placed correctly on a jigsaw board.

It used to go off really randomly, just playing a fire engine siren and wake the kids up in the evening. After about 12 months, we figured out it was going off whenever the ceiling light in the lounge was turned on, in the room directly below the bedroom.

It was such a relief to know that we probably didn’t have the ghost of a fireman haunting the kid’s bedroom.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Last night, the Laughing Policeman made me poo my pants’ is closed to new replies.