• This topic has 11 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 15 years ago by ton.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • lappiere spicy….anyone…
  • ton

the big mo fo one with the 36s.
    anyone got one, and what are they like.

ton
    Moda
    Free Member

Brings a big smile to my face every time i ride it no matter what the trail. Yes its overkill for most of them but who cares 😀 Its such a well balanced bike IMO and if your lacking skill as moi it will flatter you….

I know its had a lot of reviews in the mags but i would disagree with the fact that the forks fine at 160mm when climbing, as i have had had to lower them on my 916 when ascending steeper slopes as the front loses traction..

johnikgriff
    Free Member

Rode a 916 at a demo at CYB last year, very nice.

MrNutt
    Free Member

good base spec, I think I’d probably go for the Merida One-Five-O as I like the floating brake and the build is pretty similar, that said, it’d be a tough choice.

Just make sure that you buy a 17 of ether rather than some enormous gate yes? better resale value! 😆

nbt

My LBS (north west MTB, nwmtb.con) have a demo day this weekend Ton with Lapierre bikes.

Sunday March the 15th: try the very latest models from Scott, Specialized, Santa Cruz, Orange, Intense, Turner, Pace,Lapierre, Marin.

The event will take place at Roman Lakes, a brilliant setting for some excellent off-road riding. Starts 10am – 4pm. For more information, simply e-mail us at northwestmtb@aol.com. See you there! http://www.romanlakes.co.uk

It’s 5 minutes ride from my house, but I have a stinking cold so I doubt I’ll be riding 🙁

Moda
    Free Member

Due to the rear horst link the rear brake does track the suspension i think…. ❓ Also forgot to add the 08 RP23 shock i had to have retuned to the higher setting ( now same as the 09 models) as it blew through its travel too easy.

philly5
    Free Member

Rode a spicy witht the 36 talas at stainburn last month, was nice but i would’ve prefered a small for more chuckableness. Very comparable with my 5 (with 36 talas) and would keep the five but only cos i’m from halifax and have a loyalty thing going on! 😉

mundiesmiester
    Free Member

Tony I had a sit and carpark ride on the blinging Spicy dripping with XTR and 36’s in a lovely ballbarnish finish up at CRC a fornight ago. 08 model for an unbelievable £2100 – Ventana not up to it then?

Teetosugars
    Free Member

You not getting on with EL Cap Tony??

You gonna be over here next weekend mate??

ton

just saw one in the lbs and thought they looked very nice.
    probably not for me tho….
    and the venTONa is ace…. 8)

ton

nick, scotland next w/e
    dalbeattie friday, k/tree saturday and mabie sunday with stewart…. 😀

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘lappiere spicy….anyone…’ is closed to new replies.