Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Lapierre x-control
  • millcar
    Free Member

:DFellow devotees

I am so in need of nice shiny steed on which to ply my trade and have fallen head over heels with the Lapierre XC. The thing is i’ve seen none out on trails in xc races or the enduros i’ve been in. Loads of Zestys, great looking bike,, superb for the fun freeride thing but i want it for xc and enduro marathony type stuff. I am in need of an assist on two levels…

does anyone know of an x-control demo bike (i’m in Notts) and

is anyone whose riding or riden one able to give me the down on dirty as whether it a winner or an expensive mistake?

I’d be very grateful of a leg up with this

cheers 😀

UrbanHiker
    Free Member

I too had fallen head over heals for the x-control. That was until I read the rz one twenty 2 review an issue or two ago. Now I’m torn!

taxi25
    Free Member

I’ve had an x-control 310 for a couple of months now.

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/new-bike-lapierre-x-control-310

The riding you describe is just what I do. For the job it’s the best bike I’ve ever had. If you can’t afford the dearer model there’s loads of weight to be shifted just changing the bar, seat post, saddle and cassette

millcar
    Free Member

Nice looking bike can i say!

Had a mind to go for the carbon version, i have to say the build you have looks mint.

Did you get to ride one pre-purchase if so where?

taxi25
    Free Member

I didn’t get a proper test ride. Just tried it for size in Tredz Cardiff. They wouldn’t do a deal so I ended up getting one from Formby cycles in Mersyside. A bit of a gamble realy but I’m not dissapointed. I would have gone for a carbon framed one as well but they were a bit to pricey for me at the moment. If you do get one spend a bit of time setting up the rear suspension. I set mine up in the middle of the sag indicator then play around with the rebound a bit. You need to get the right adjustment to get the best out of the suspension.

h4muf
    Free Member

My mate has had his 410 for about 2 months now.

He loves it! bought from evans in nott’s in the sale for £1700

Very light,looks good,fox fork’s and shock xt everywhere.

His is only one i’ve seen in the wild though!

boriselbrus
    Free Member

Tested one and loved it!

(But I loved the Spesh Epic just a little bit more…)

millcar
    Free Member

Do you mind me asking where you gave it a try?

Aslo looked at and very much like the epic btw!!

Cheers

rbrstr
    Free Member

had my 210 since april. I have done several sprint races on it, muc off 8 hr,gorrick 100,bucks off road etc etc.
    excellent bike,love it to bits

that said, the press fit BB bearings are prone to water ingress without adding a drain hole like i did, and on very muddy events the whole rear triangle becomes filled with clag very quickly, which hasnt done my paint much good. the 210 doesnt have a sealed headset either, needs regreasing after every enduro if its wet and muddy.

millcar
    Free Member

Well….. Thanks for the replies. Made a big diff….

I eventually went for a 710. Its certainly a great bike. I just need to get my performance up to match it!!

Can i add one line…

Picked bike up Friday rode it Sat and Mon. Prob bout 30 miles easy terrain. Sadly on Mon. The rear mech hanger snapped as a twig flicked into the mech and rear wheel pulling the mech into the wheel. Bent spoke, buckled wheel and afore mentioned hanger. I know it couldve happenes any time but after two ride days… Well sad.

Ahh well

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Lapierre x-control’ is closed to new replies.