Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Lakeland Monster X, a huge thanks
  • bikebouy
    Free Member

Just wanted to say a public Huge Thanks to the organisers and volunteers who made my (and all other entrants) event such an epic and very beautiful hack out yesterday.

Cheers and see you next year.

wool

Quality day out well organised and with jelly baby’s on the feed stations. Rocking.

Dobbo

Totally agree, great organisation, atmosphere and route. Nice to have a band playing when you get back as well.

8)

boxelder

Lucked out with the weather too.
    Less positive was the half dozen gel wrappers I picked up and binned on a dog walk this morning – it’s really not that hard to pocket them.

boxelder

You got a good time there bikebouy – though I’m guessing you’d wish a couple of minutes faster?? Next time….

Dobbo

I’d like to think they are pocketed wrappers that have fallen out when getting things from pockets rather than chucked on the ground on purpose, can’t be sure though.

boxelder

Hope you’re right, but with the Fred Whitton, Lakeland Loop etc coming through here, it’s a regular thing.

wool

Saw somebody drop a wrapper so I did say something as I went past and got a torrent of abuse. Picked a few up on my way round Its not hard to put them back in your pocket or is it??

wittonweavers
    Free Member

It was a fantastic day – so well organised and with the weather it was a belter!

Whilst i was riding i did notice a couple of discarded wrappers but tbh, given the high numbers of people involved, there will always be the odd wrapper that falls out of someones pocket.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Ha!! How do you know the times??
    TBH I should have left the Camelback at home and ridden with a bottle etc. that would have saved a few kgs of extra weight, saving those precious few mins!

I too saw a few guys dropping gel wrappers, such a sad state of affairs considering…

boxelder
    bikebouy
    Free Member

Excellent, thanks..:-)

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Lakeland Monster X, a huge thanks’ is closed to new replies.