Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Lake Garda First 2 weeks of August
  • Amos
    Free Member

Due some brilliant regulations implemented by F1 I HAVE to take my holiday the first 2 weeks of August, the most expensive time of year and during school holidays!

I have however been given a trailer tent so things are looking up. Thinking of travelling to Lake Garda with my pregnant misus and my 3 year old, Has anyone camped down there? any tips suggestions? And what sort of time scale to get there? I realise I can consult google but any info. welcome

Oh and and of course Finale looks amazing!

Cheers Mat

nasher
    Free Member

I would avoid at all costs finale in August, it is mobbed as well as the other resort towns along the Italian riviera, temperatures will be in the 30's also… and way too hot for biking..

i live along the riviera and i stay in the mountains and let the milanese do their thing….september is lovely though11

Garda also will be mobbed. Personally I would go to some of the alpine resorts as they are quieter and usually there is lots for families to do… morzine would be a good example

Amos
    Free Member

In that case any other suggestions? Somewhere foody ideally for my wife!

stumpy_m4
    Free Member

Stunning place lake garda , stayed there last year (fornella), went to visit the daughter as she works for eurocamp and is based at lake garda, hopefully get out there again this year

where abouts are you thinking of visiting ???

Top of the lake is where you find all the cyclist , plenty of roadies and mtb-ers 😀

while your there make sure you take the cable car from malcesine up to the top of mount baldo …. fooking amazing scenenary

have alook at eurocamps website as they allow people on there sites with there own tents etc

We took 3 leisurly days to get there from the uk , plenty of stop overs on the way

You and the family will love it 😀

it was well into the high 30s when we were there , the car did read 47 degrees one day ?? .. but not sure that was right ?

pdw
    Free Member

Took us 16 hours from Calais (with a boat trailer, so not doing warp speed). Plenty of great cycling there. The cable car from Malcesine takes bikes a few times a day, but you need to book ahead. Any cycle with 1700m more down than up is going to be a good one 😀

Amos
    Free Member

Stumpy_m4 pdw thankyou this is the sort of thing I want hear! Great inspiration now to research where to stay and to find plenty for the family to do, I'm not selfish enough (to my own detriment) to just go cycling all week and at those temps don't think I could! Though I'd love to obviously….. 🙂

Any more from any more?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Lake Garda First 2 weeks of August’ is closed to new replies.