Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Lake District MUST RIDES!!
  • christof
    Free Member

Hi all, i’m off to the Lakes in July for a week and the other half has okayed one (maybe two) days of riding. Where/what are the must rides?
    We’re staying Mungrisdale, near Keswick if that helps.
    Thanks in advance, Chris

jekkyl

an actual mountain. I suggest Skiddaw if you’re in Keswick.
    You like pushing your bike right? 😛

rickmeister

Ullswater lakeside track is a good one as Ioughrigg terrace (don’t fall off)

firestarter
    Free Member

Rick is that the new ullswater track that’s been made. Have you ridden it. What’s it like and how long thanks

breadcrumb

The Borrowdale Bash is a classic, but has quite a bit of road.

Four passes is a good one to tick off.

Good pub in Mungrisdale too, cracking pint of Trooper.

JAG

How about the Nannbield pass? Check out the MBR route 🙂

martinhutch

The Borrowdale Bash is a classic, but has quite a bit of road.

Most of which can be avoided if you go on the ‘locals’ version. This is probably your best bet locally. You can get straight on the Back of Skiddaw loop from where you are, although this is pretty XC in nature except for a couple of sections.

I’m sure someone can lob you a GPS for an upgraded Borrowdale Bash. TBH it’s not a full day ride even then, so you might want to extend it a bit.

TomB

Give us an idea what you like/ what sort of ride you are after? Everything available from easy bimbles to all day epics to death on a stick mountaineering, depending on what you fancy!

grum
    Free Member

I’m sure someone can lob you a GPS for an upgraded Borrowdale Bash. TBH it’s not a full day ride even then, so you might want to extend it a bit.

Upgraded Borrowdale Bash plus Warnscale – mmm…..

thestabiliser
    Free Member

From the door High Street/I’ll Bell/Garburn/kentmere/Haweswater/home big climbs gnarly descents. If you survive you’ll be knackered for the rest of the holiday 😉

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Lake District MUST RIDES!!’ is closed to new replies.