Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • La-z Boy – tedious sofa content…
  • mechanicaldope

Essentially, I need a sofa. These appear to be comfy but attract a bit of a premium. Are they (still?) quality and will they last quite a long time? Cheers.

redthunder
    Free Member

Yes. I’ve got 2 and they are at least 15 years old and still go strong and good nick.

I hope the new ones are just as good. Thinking of getting another soon.

RustySpanner

Just given ours to the British Heart Foundation charity shop.

It came with the house and we just couldn’t get comfy on it – no lower back support at all.
    I suspect it had seen some action.

Definitely a bit Marmite, we have friends who really like theirs.

Lots about secondhand very reasonably priced.

andysredmini
    Free Member

We have a black leather electric reclining one that’s about 5 years old. It’s unbelievably comfy and still looks as good as the day we bought it.

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

We have a couple too. Picked up pre enjoyed for about £200 a piece.

mechanicaldope

Cheers. We were pretty much about to pull the trigger and thought we would check out some reviews first. They appear to be a bit mixed but not sure if that’s just cos people only write on t’internet if something goes wrong or if they had genuinely fallen in quality in recent years. Has anyone brought one new in the last year or two?

andysredmini
    Free Member

I think some of the problem could be that a lot of people call any reclining sofa a la-z boy. Even the shop salespeople were doing it when we bought ours.

mechanicaldope

Ah… They getting like hoovers are they?

flapjackboy

Go to the shop you want to buy from, take a Starbucks and something to read and sit for a couple of hours. Sales staff won’t mind as long as it’s not a busy Saturday or Sunday. So many people try for 5 minutes maximum and buy suites they don’t find comfy long term. You wouldn’t buy a new car after driving it around a car park would you?

mechanicaldope

That’s a good call – should take the PlayStation!

Anyone brought for cash from SCS? The lady said that if not taking out their “free” finance they should be able to do something on price. Think 10% would be pushing it?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘La-z Boy – tedious sofa content…’ is closed to new replies.