Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Ks Lev Integra or Thomson Covert?
  • tpbiker
    Free Member

Need a new stealth dropper and the reverb fills me with dread given all the sagging issues.

So which out of these 2 should I be going for. Key for me is reliability, especialy given thomson isn’t user servicable.

ta

tmb467
    Free Member

Both posts can be prone to breaking – especially if Covert is an older one

However, Thompson are more likely to warranty it than KS (in my LBS opinion)

So Thompson for me…as recommended by my LBS

honeybadgerx

I’ve ran a non covert dropper for just over two years without a hitch and love it. Just gone covert on a new build… Admittedly with a wolf tooth lever though which has a really nice action.

honourablegeorge

You dont see ver many Thomson posts about, but there seem to be a disporportionaltely large number of users on here complaining about having to replace their cartridges multiple times.

Certainly gives me the impression that there’s a high proportion of failures with Thomson. I wouldn’t buy one.

mattbee

My Thomson hasn’t really been any less reliable than either of the two Reverbs I’ve got over the 2 years I’ve owned it but whereas the Reverbs can be self serviced/fixed fur the majority of problems the thomson isn’t user serviceable beyond changing the cable really so it has to go back for a new cartridge when it does fail. Mine has had 3 replacement cartridges and needs another, which is a shame as I really like the action of it & apart from the continued issue of not fully extending/dropping around 1cm into its travel (I just run it 1cm higher now!) there’s never been any slop or play in it.

tmb467
    Free Member

Running a Thompson (as I said before)

Had an issue with the actuator – was replaced no quibbles and quite quickly. Only other issue was the grub screw in the lever. Best thing about it is that you fit the cable at the lever rather than the cartridge end so it’s a lot easier. Reliability has been good other than the cable slip and actautor (which happened as soon as I got it – if it’s gonna go it’ll go quickly). Again, thompson will fix / replace with no quibble whereas KS won’t. That for me was the deal breaker

Edit. I’ll be fitting a fox transfer next year but only cos I’m a tart and want matching kit

chestrockwell

My Thomson non stealth was and is faultless. I will get the stealth version in a minute over everything else is the make a black one.

rhayter

My Thomson has been fine for almost two years since I got it. No problems at all. And I’m pretty fat.

chilled76
    Free Member

Got a lev integra that’s 3 rides old. It’s started sticking down already.

Given the choice again id go reverb as my last one was faultless.

sharkattack

All droppers break. Pick the one with the best warranty.

For me, that’s the Reverb. I’m on my third here. Straight swaps, no questions asked.

Current one is two years old with zero issues.

tpbiker
    Free Member

went with a fox transfer in the end. Simply because the guys in the LBS had one in stock, and probably worth having someone local sell you it when it inevitably breaks

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Ks Lev Integra or Thomson Covert?’ is closed to new replies.